chapter 41

Billie's POV

I start the souncheck with idontwannabeyouanymore, warming up my vocals with a slower song.

My first show of the tour starts tonight, and I couldn't be happier. The plane ride here was insanely long it felt like, even though it was only 4 hours. I was just ready to get the fuck here.

Katherine's dad was an asshole the entire time, but he finally agreed to let her come with us.

I think she's backstage meeting everybody on the crew, but I'm not sure. I haven't been able to see her much since the meet and greet was right before souncheck, and she wasn't with me through either of those.

"That was good, but it could be better." my manager says from the bottom of the stage. I wasn't even paying attention to what I was doing, I was just thinking about Katherine.

I did the song again, following with a few other songs from the setlist.

I finish off soundcheck, as I walk over to my water bottle, taking a huge gulp.

I feel my phone buzz in my pocket, and I smile when it continues buzzing at Katherine's vibrate pattern.

katherine babyyy: i miss u, but i'm excited for the show

I smile again. She's never seen me preform live, but tonight she gets to be in the pit since not everybody knows who she is, and it's not a huge safety hazard. I'll try not to look at her the entire night. Not sure how long that'll last though.

"Alright, that's a wrap." I hear coming from the bottom of the stage again. I walk backstage, where I'm greeted by a warm hug from Katherine.

"Hi baby." I say, pulling back from her.

She gives me a big smile as a reply. Goddamn, I'll never get over that smile.

"Yo, we're gonna let people in the venue at around 6:30, then Finneas is gonna play New Girl and I'm In Love Without You, then you're gonna go on." Some random dude comes up to me saying. I don't even know half the people on this tour crew yet.

I nod my head, as I look at my phone to check the time.

6:15.

"You look like a traffic cone, Eilish." I hear someone say behind me.

Sure, I was wearing a bright orange shirt, but I wasn't a damn traffic cone.

I turn around, and as soon as I see who's behind me I immediately engulf her in a big hug.

"Oh my god, Ella!" I say, with my face into her shoulder.

Ella's an old dance friend of mine who happens to live in Oregon now, which is where my first show is. I haven't seen her in like, a year.

"Hi baby!" Ella says, smiling.

"Oh my god, this is insane."

I turn to Katherine, who looks obviously unamused.

"Babe, this is Ella, an old friend of mine. Ella, this is Katherine, my girlfriend."

Ella laughs, punching me in the arm playfully.

"Damn, you pulling girls and dudes now. Pretty ass bitch."

I laugh as a response, not really sure what to say.

"Billie, Billie, Billie." I hear chanting from front stage. They must have let vip in already.

I grab Katherine's hand, walking around to the front cape so I can see the crowd. Some music from my playlist is playing on the speakers, and they're all singing along while they chant my name.