chapter 34

Billie's POV

*trigger warning for many different topics, please be cautious in reading if you are triggered easily* *main trigger is r*pe and physical assault*

"In two days." I say, letting Katherine know I'm coming home soon. I'm so happy. I need to make everything up to her as soon as possible. I need her to know I really am sorry.

"Thank g-"

"Hello?"

Katherine dropped her phone, so I was staring at a black screen right after she had started a sentence, but never finished it.

"You little fucking bitch." I heard a voice say. It sounded like Kira.

A slapping noise.

A banging noise.

"Stop!" I hear another voice scream. Katherine.

"What the fuck is going on?" I yell, with tears forming in my eyes.

The phone is picked up, and I see a small glimpse of Katherine being pinned against the bed. Kira turns the camera around, grins, and then spits out the sentence, "She's mine tonight."

And then the call ends.

I rush to the next room over to look for my mom, but she isn't in her hotel room. Neither is my dad. Fuck.

"Finneas!" I scream whenever I see him walking down the hotel hallway. He embraces me as soon as he sees me in tears.

"S-Some-" I couldn't get words out. "Something- Something happened to K-"

"Billie speak. What's going on? Are you okay?" Finneas says, wrapping his hands around my shoulders, pulling away to look at my face.

"Something happened to Katherine but I-"

Finneas stopped me.

"What happened to her? Is she okay? Billie talk."

"I don't know, Finneas. I was on Facetime with her and she was with a friend and the next thing I know I hear her screaming and-"

I burst into tears, throwing myself onto the floor.

My anxiety gets so bad that I completely forget what's going on, and I feel like I'm not even alive.

It feels like I'm watching myself scream from another place in the room.

I snap back into reality, and I look up to Finneas on the phone.

"I really need you to come back up here, Mom. This isn't good. This is really really bad." He pauses, looking at me. "She's really really bad Mom." Tears began forming in his eyes when he said that.

Minutes go by that feel like hours and I see the shadow of my mother running down the hall, before I meet her embrace.

"Billie what's going on?" She says, hugging me as tight as she can. "I've never seen you like this. Finneas what happened to her?" She said, unlocking our hug and turning to face him, sticking her hands out as she spoke. Rather yelled.

"She said somethings wrong with Katherine. They were on the phone and Katherine passed out or something and next moment, she's screaming with her friend on top of her."

"Choking her. Like, not the sexual kind." I say, quivering with every word.

"Who likes being choked sexuall-" My mom starts to say but quickly stops.

"Tell Zoe to go over there. She lives closer than anybody else. Hurry." Finneas says, looking at me.

"I can't explain this to anybody else, you do it." I say, still trying to calm my nerves.

She could be getting literally beaten right now.

She could be getting raped.

She could be dead...

Fuck. The thoughts come rushing in, and I can't move. Finneas looks at me worried, seeing how bad I'm trembling.

"Come on, Bil." He said, outstretching his arm for me to take his hand and get up.

I stand up, as he walks me back to the room, and I sit on the bed, pulling my knees to my chest, and resting my head on them.

"Zoe's on her way there." My mom said, which made me feel a little better, but not a whole lot.

~

"Nobody else was found when they got there." Zoe said.

Zoe called the police whenever she got to the front of the house, too scared to go in.

The police went in, finding Katherine laying on the bed, bruised and naked. But, alone. She was breathing, but she was barely conscious. She was rushed to the hospital, but that's all the information I have on it so far.

I've been shaking and crying since I found out she was alone. Where did Kira go?

Zoe didn't tell me how bad the bruising was. I have no idea what she looks like or how bad anything is.

I should know what's going on. I'm her girlfriend.

Or...whatever we are...