fourteen ☆ goodbye

♡

Marie sat on the couch in the family room, legs crossed as she went through her Twitter feed. As she did, she saw that Cameron's name was trending. Thinking it was due to possible press for Descendants 3, she decided to go to the news rather than scrounge through masses of tweets. Going to ABC News, she found an article that sent a chill down her spine. Soon enough, she was reading the article.

Disney Channel star Cameron Boyce dies at 20
By Mark Osborne, Bill Hutchinson
July 7, 2019, 10:28 AM ET

Actor Cameron Boyce, known for his roles in the Disney Channel franchise "Descendants" and the TV show "Jessie," has died. He was just 20 years old.

Boyce's death was confirmed to ABC News by his family Saturday night.

The cause of death was announced as due to "an ongoing medical condition."

Cameron Boyce, 20, the star of the Disney film franchise "Descendants," died on Saturday, July 6, 2019.

"It is with a profoundly heavy heart that we report that this morning we lost Cameron," a spokesperson said on behalf of the Boyce family. "He passed away in his sleep due to a seizure which was a result of an ongoing medical condition for which he was being treated. The world is now undoubtedly without one of its brightest lights, but his spirit will live on through the kindness and compassion of all who knew and loved him.

"We are utterly heartbroken and ask for privacy in this immensely difficult time as we grieve the loss of our precious son and brother."

After she read the article, Marie dropped her phone into her lap and stared at the black television screen as she processed everything. While she did, she spoke aloud to herself. "He—no. It has to be fake, it can't be real. It can't be true. This is just a sick joke or a nightmare."

With her words, she knew what she was feeling, or rather experiencing. Denial. She had a right to be in denial after all; she had just lost her boyfriend. The person she loved had died, yet she failed to believe it. He couldn't be gone, he just couldn't be.

In the process of letting the article sink in, everything hurt. She felt as though she couldn't breathe, felt her throat constrict, and her eyes watered until a waterfall of tears fell from her eyes. As to not alarm her parents or older sister, she covered her mouth so that her sobs were muffled.

As she sobbed, she felt an overwhelming pain in her heart and she knew that the pain was the sensation of it breaking in two.

Heartbreak Hotel: Room 20, now occupied.