nineteen ☆ light and dark

♡

[ "My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." — Psalm 73:26 ]

Cam,

When I think of you, I have a tendency to look down at my hand where the ring you gave me sits. I'll be happy, because that's what you were. I'll carry good things with me because it's what you did. Throw away the negativity, doubt...anything that isn't good, I'm going to throw away. Grow thick skin, that's what I'm going to do. All my days, for the rest of my life...I won't let bad things get me down. You lit up my life like no one else and showed me what sunlight truly looked like. It wasn't just a ball of hot air, but it was you in human form; a smile so bright it lit up a room, warmth so big it made the cold dissipate into thin air. You, Cam, were sunlight. You were sunlight, and I was your moon and stars. Together in more ways than one can say is possible for the parts of the solar system that we were to each other. Even though you were the sun and I was your moon and stars, our love kept us tethered to one another; it stretched over every possible distance and challenged the force of gravity. We were always together even when we were apart. And that's what we are now. Together but apart. It's what we'll be from now on but our love will withstand the distance, even at the end of time. See you in the morning. I'll see you again soon, my sunbeam. I love you.

Your night sky,

M