The Brothers Mate Chapter 2

I see the curtain move and she peeps out, when she see's me she moves the curtain so she can see with both eyes.  She rubs her eye's and then blinks them.  She then pinches her cheek. 

 "Oh, we are twins. There is two of us" I tell her.  

She looks at me and holds up two fingers. 

 "Yes, two of us" I sit on the floor and place the plates I still hold on the floor.  I see her sniff the air 'sit your ass down Miles' I tell him over our link.  He falls on his butt with a thud, our mate tilts her head and looks at us again.  I see her lick her lips and uncover one of the plates.  

Her eyes widen as she see's the full plate of food.  I push it towards her and she picks up two sausages and the bacon and starts to eat. Taking a bite of the sausages and then the bacon.  All the while not taking her eye's off of us, she eyes are searching our faces as though looking for something.             

When she's finished the sausages and bacon. She looks at the plate quickly and picks up all three pancakes and bites into them. I slide a bottle of water to her. 

'I've told the staff to stay away for now' Miles tells me over our link. 

"My name is Gale and this is my brother Miles. You have beautiful eye's they look almost golden" I tell her.  She nods once when she has eaten everything on the plate.  I push the other one to her, she takes the beef patties and eats them.  

I move a little closer and she watches me closely.  I put a pen and my note pad in front of me and push it so it stops in front of her. "Can you tell us your name?" I ask.  She tilts her head and then picks up the pen and writes something.  

I go to move a little closer but she pushes it back to me.   I read what she has written.   My name is Silver, why do you both have the same face as the devil Derek?" I feel my blood run cold.

'MUM, DAD GET DOWN HERE NOW!' I shout over our link.  Miles moves closer to me and leans into my side.  Mum and Dad come into the room and Silver hides behind the curtain again. 

"It's alright Silver our Mum and Dad here can hopefully answer your question for you" I say.  

I hold up the pad and my Mum gasps and my Dad rubs his hands down his face. They sit down on the sofa. 

"Was it, Derek that did this to you?" my Dad asks.  Silver peeks out from the curtain again and nods.  My Dad swallows and closes his eye's.  My Mum is crying silently as she looks at our mate.

"Well?" Miles demands from our Dad.  Dad takes Mum's hand in his. "When you were first born you weren't twins but triplets.  Your brother did not have a wolf though and just before you're first birthday, he disappeared from the garden.  

We searched for him for years but we never found the slightest clue or scent.  His name was Derek, about five years ago we were told that someone had spotted your doppelganger in Alaska.  When we sent someone to investigate, they found clues that he was with hunters and these hunters where killing shifter's.  

We have been searching ever since, for more clues" Dad explains.

"So, your telling us we have a brother we never knew anything about and that this brother is now a hunter of shifter's and he was the one that hurt our Mate?" Miles says through his teeth. 

We look around at Silver when she slaps the floor and points to the pad.  I push it towards her again.  We all watch while she writes.  

Then I pick up the pad and read a loud what is written on it. "He knows I'm your mate, he held me captive for three years torturing me and others. He's coming to kill you all.  I escaped with the help of a friend, that friend is dead but still protects me" I look up at our mate. 

"Why does he want to kill us?" I ask and push the pad towards her again.  Silver writes something then pushes it back to me.  Miles picks it up and reads "he, use to rant, that it wasn't fair he couldn't shift, but believes that he is meant to kill all shifter's. There are 9 of them where I was held but there's more of them." 

Miles looks up at our mate. "It is going to be hard for you to look at us isn't it?" he asks.  My wolf howls and then whimpers in my head.  Silver slaps the floor again and Miles pushes the pad to her.  When she pushes it back Miles and I both look at each other before leaning over the pad and reading what she has written. 

"I know you are not him, give me time."  Dad stands up "Silver I am very sorry for what you have been put through.  We will not let anything else happen to you. I do need to know if you can tell me where you were held and if there are others?" he asks. 

Silver nods her head and moves a little closer to us as she reaches for the pad.  As she holds the pen, she closes her eyes and then she starts to write with her eyes still closed.  We watch as she fills up page after page.  Then opens up her eyes and writes something else.  She passes us the pad and we look at it and it is a list of locations where she was held over the three years. 

The last sentence is "my friend and protector, was part witch Lizzy, her spirit lives in me." 

"Thank you, Lizzy for protecting our mate" Miles and I say together.  My Dad rips out the page's she has written all the locations on.  Silver slaps the floor again we give her back the pad and she close's her eyes and starts to write again.  When she gives us back the pad again it has a list of packs and other shifter groups that have had been captured.  At the bottom of the page is written you will need them if we are to win against the hunters. They will be here within six months.

"Thank you, Silver and Lizzy this is very helpful excuse me" Dad leaves the room.  My Mum looks like she wants to throw up. 

"Mum, Mum" I call.  

Her eyes move from our mate to us. "I'm so sorry, so sorry" she stands and stumbles from the room.  Miles and I look at each other. I felt his confusion just like he felt mine.

Please don't forget to comment and vote, thank you 😊✨