Chapter 13

The shock on my face was palpable as I stared at Parker and Ariellè who were both facing each other. Pain started to percolate in my chest as the truth slowly fell into the table of reality. I wanted to move but my body couldn’t react. Immobile, I looked at Parker angrily. Arielle was the woman he was talking about? And what did he say? He was still in love with Ariellè? I clenched my jaw as my fists balled out of wrath. Despite the screeching dagger of anger and betrayal on my chest, my mouth fell muted as though I still wanted to hear all the words that had been kept inside their heads.

Ariellè was looking at Parker with nothing but anger and disbelief. She shook her head and shoved Parker who tried to hold her elbow. She scowled at him and the asshole did not take that as a move of tacit rejection. Parker’s girlfriend who made him so whipped was the girl who made me swept off my feet. I was mad at Parker. Damn him, how dare him get back just to take his uncertain chance to Ariellè? They already separated and I won’t let this asshole lay a hand on Ariellè. As to what Ariellè’s reaction, I knew this asshole did a mistake to her.

“Lei… I… I want you back.” Parker had said.

Ariellè shook her head, “I won’t. Kahit anong gawin mo; kahit lumuhod ka sa harap ko, wala na.”

“Lei, please—”

“Did you not hear her, Parker?” I hissed, the dripping anger almost brunt my throat, “She doesn’t want you. Let her go,”

Parker looked at me, “Dude, don’t intrude. I was talking to Lei!”

He was about to claim Ariellè’s hand when I briskly dashed to Arielle and hid her behind me. Parker looked at me with confusion laced with annoyance. I looked at him with hostility. You were my best friend but no, I can’t give you a chance you want from Ariellè. Selfish it may sound but I wanted Ariellè for myself. Arielle held my forearms as though she was restraining me to hurt her ex. No, baby, I won’t stoop to that level. I wanted a fair competition, if he wants you, I want you too. He was banned to use the ‘ex-boyfriend’ card. And I will make sure I will win your heart. Kung hindi niya naalagaan ng mabuti, gagawin ko iyon.

“Can’t you see? She doesn’t want you. H’wag mong ipilit ang gusto mo—”

“What the hell, Alexis? Ariellè is the woman who I was talking about! Don’t put yourself in the scene because you are out of it—”

“Don’t act as if you still have the right on her. I don’t care if she was the girl you had been smitten with. She’s over you, don’t be a desperate dog.” I hissed, “To tell you, she’s also the girl who I was talking about. So stay on your lane, Parker. You were done a long time ago.”

Nalaglag ang kaniyang panga, “What—fuck you! Gago ka, Alexis! H’wag si Ariellè! Don’t fucking try to lay a hand on her! You manwhore, don’t target my woman! Play with your sluts!”

Parker was mad and I could see the swelling of veins beneath the skin of his neck. He turned red as he pointed his index finger on me. A part of me wanted to cast violence but the hand on Ariellè that coiled around my forearm pacified the growling beast within me. I knew that Parker would use my history with women to ruin my reputation to Ariellè but I didn’t care anymore. I knew that once I pursue Ariellè my dark past would be unveiled and my history with women would make Ariellè doubt on me. However, there was a lifetime ahead and I will make sure that Ariellè would see me as the man who was deserving to her love. Right now, I didn’t want to look at Ariellè, I knew that she already concluded something. Wala na akong pakialam. I had a plan on pursuing her, anyways.

“Get the fuck out of my room, Parker,” I uttered calmly.

Parker stared at Ariellè as though he was pleading her to go with him. Sumulyap ako kay Ariellè na ngayon ay nag-iwas na ng tingin. Her expression was stoic and her jaw was clenching. I craned my neck to see Parker who was now glaring at me. I clenched my jaw and pointed the door. He heaved a sigh as he shook his head and walked out but before he could emerge from the room, he glimpsed at Ariellè. I moved a little but to block his view from my girl. When Parker was gone, I looked at Ariellè with a confusion in my eyes. She heaved a sigh and shook her head.