Weary Travelers

Edd and Matt's gaze drifted between the vase and each other. "Hey Matt," Edd whispered, "I have an idea."

***
Edd and Matt pounded on Tom's door. "Come on Tom, it's Christmas!" Matt shouted.
Tom checked his phone. Yes, he had drank a lot, but surely he hadn't passed out for a full day, had he? After adjusting to the bright light of his phone in his pitch black room, he read Matt's lie. December 24th.
"Go the f-" Tom's cuss was interrupted by Edd's air horn. "... away" Tom mumbled. All he wanted to do was sit and sulk, and maybe throw another pity party, as he thought about the note. Unfortunately, Edd wouldn't have it. "TOM! STOP BEING SO RUDE!" Edd yelled. "You know Matt can't handle language like that!"

Tom mumbled, mocking Edd.
"Besides! We have a Christmas adventure planned!"
"Have I ever told you how much I hate Christmas."
Tom said this ever so calmly, but the two who stood outside his room could hear traces of contempt is his voice.
"Argh. Were just going on a trip down friggin memory lane, ok?" Edd mumbled, "Just get what you need and get in the car please."

After a few boring hours in the car, they finally arrived. Tom looked out of the window, and all slight hope in his face faded away. "My parents house?" He groaned, obviously not impressed. This is one hell of a way to spend an already depressing time of year, Tom thought.

Edd and matt obviously had a plan. "We'll do the talking. You can climb up into your old room. Or you could attempt to stay with Tord's parents."

Tom immediately shook off the second option, pretending it didn't even exist. The last time he saw them was at Tord's funeral, and they looked extremely peeved.

Edd and Matt left the car and knocked on the door, which was promptly answered by Tom's mother. "Excuse me ma'am, but would you be able to spare a few extra beds and meals for two weary travelers?" Edd asked, with Matt soon joining in. But Tom didn't stick around to hear the rest. He slunk down as he spotted his father in an upstairs window.

After seemingly endless waiting, Matt and Edd walked inside and up to Tom's old room. Tom spralled out on the floor of the car, just sitting in bordem. Every time he would glance out the window, a wave if nausea, guilt and pain practically drowned him. Even that analogy made him feel like trash.

While he waited for hours, Tom's mind drifted to the bucket list they had made before. Maybe he still had the yellow flower shaped sticky note in his pocket? It's not like he had ever washed them...