Flower

"Get out of here. The first crack of daylight, and you need to be gone. We can't risk her seeing you."

And so he was. When the sun rose at five, Tom leaped out the window, just falling short of the outreached tree limb, just as he had the first time he snuck out. But this time, his starboy wasn't there to catch him. Tom's back hit the ground with a thud and he scampered off.
Although he hadn't been here for a year, he knew the way with his heart.

Tom dashed through the forest to the place he promised to always save Tord. The sight was calming and familiar, but the silence was unbearable. Whenever he had visited, Starboy was always talking about the stars, and, on occasion, plans for his future.

Tom took in his surroundings, attempting to bring a new image to his mind. He knew he would visit more often, but didn't want to let himself down with the thought that his lovely boyfriend would be awaiting his return.

Then he spotted it. The it that snapped him back to reality. Among Tord's favourite rose bush stood a white marbled stone. A gravestone to be exact. In a slightly scribbly font read 'Here lies Tord larson. May he be with the stars now'

Although the whole scene brought a wave of sadness over him, what tore him up the most was the little detail. In between his birthday and the day he took his life, replacing the dash was a star. Then Tom decided to create another small detail.

He plucked the fullest roses with the longest stems, and tried to remember how he was taught. "Over, under, through. Over, under, through." Tom mumbled to himself while weaving. Once the directions stuck in his head, he began to whistle subconsciously. At first it was nothing much, but then it evolved into a tune. Eventually, it began to sound like even the waterfall was singing along. The birds chirped a peppy beat, and Tom remembered the lyrics with a soft Norwegian twist. 'Ocean eyes...'

Tom peacefully finished the rose crown, then placed it apon Tord's grave, which was sitting behind him. "You were my flower" Tom whispered, holding back tears. Then his eyes drifted down the stone and set on the date. "You were my star...."