12. Family Time

The three of them immediately retreated downstairs and hurried inside the cabin

The three of them immediately retreated downstairs and hurried inside the cabin. They all sighed in relieved and smiled at the sight of their conscious grandpa.

"Nonno!" Nicolo's eyes were once again filled with tears when he saw his grandpa, but only this time was the tears of happiness. "You're finally awake." He couldn't help but cry out loud. He was such a baby which makes him look really adorable. He went and sat beside his grandpa.

"Mimmo, don't cry. I'm fine now." Marcus said softly cupping Nicolo's one cheek, then he shifted his eyes towards Leo who was staring at him with an unreadable expression. "Come here, Mio leone," he called him softly and gestured him to come near him. Leo strolled towards him and sat beside him on the other side of the bed. "I know what you're feeling right now but don't let it consume you. I'm relieved that nothing happens to you." He gave him a warm smile. "Okay now don't give me that look anymore, I'm still alive. You all aren't getting rid of me so easily." He glanced around and prodded.

"Don't say like that, Father. We will never get rid of you even if you wanted to." Severina in-joked and smiled at him.

"I know, noura," he then shifted his eyes back at Leo. "Now tell me about your woman." Leo turned his gaze down and didn't say anything.

"Her name is Anna." Nicolo answered on behalf of his brother. "She is a very lovely girl."

"I would really love to meet your woman, Leo. Why don't you invite her to our mansion? I want to thank her for saving our lives." Marcus said.

"She's not my woman." Leo said unsmiling. Roberto frowned at his sudden statement. "She's a delivery girl we met the very morning we've arrived. We don't need to invite her—" he stood up from his place and shoved both his hands in his pants pocket. "—a proper thank you will be enough."

"No that won't be enough." Severina disagrees. "She saved two of our family, I want to thank her by inviting her to our house and moreover I really want to meet her--in person," she added firmly.

"Yeah! And let the enemy think that she's acquainted with us and make her life at risk." Leo interjected.

"One meeting won't make harm." Severina insisted.

"Leo, why do you always talk about risking her life while you can't stop yourself from going to her?" Roberto pointed out.

"I don't go to her, it's just coincidence that we cross path." He defended and turned to face him, "And you, stop making it sound like there's something between me and her. I don't even like her." he gave him a dead look.

"So you just kissed a random girl then." Marcus accused him in an amused tone.

"I didn't just kiss a random girl. I knew she was Anna." Leo blurted out, he didn't have the consciousness that he was being played. He then cleared his throat loudly and positioned himself. "Enough with this talk." He suddenly became serious and everyone stiffens a little. "Nonno, you'll shift today and will be given private home-care. Roberto, look into the paper works for discharge." He informed. He was in full mode of seriousness. Roberto nodded at him and left the cabin.