31. Taste like Lemonade

After wishing Leo a goody-goodnight, Anna strolled towards her room to check on Vernon

After wishing Leo a goody-goodnight, Anna strolled towards her room to check on Vernon. Vernon was already asleep. She went beside him and pull up the blanket over him. And as she was about to leave the room, she heard the sound of a phone vibrating. She looked back and saw Vernon's phone vibrating over the nightstand. She strolled towards it and saw Joshua's name written over the screen. She was having an inner battle to pick up the call or just leave and walk away. It was a missed call though, she couldn't pick the call on time. Joshua called him for the second time. Without hesitation, Anna quickly slides on the green and picked up his call on his second call.

"Hello, I'm sorry but Vernon is already asleep," Anna said gently over the call.

"May I know who's this speaking?" A low and base but soothing voice of Joshua asked her.

"Anna! I mean—Anastasia William."

"Oh Anna, thank you so much for saving my brother's life."

"No, Vernon was the one who saved my life."

"Vernon told me everything. Well, I'll call him in the morning then. Goodnight, Anna."

"Goodnight."

She placed the phone over the nightstand. She saw Vernon shuffling on the bed in his sleep and turned towards her. She then leaned down and covered the blanket over him again.

"Goodnight, Tessa."

Anna stared at him for some seconds and sighed. "You love your sister so much, don't you? You probably missed her dearly. I hope you reunite with your sister very soon." Anna whispered softly with a smile before leaving the room.

***

Anna took breakfast for Vernon and went to her room. She saw standing up from the bed.

"Where are you going?" Anna scurried in and stopped him.

"Ah—I need to use the bathroom. Can I use?" Vernon sheepishly said as he scratched his head. Anna snorted softly and move away from his way.

"Anna!" Vernon peaked his head out from the bathroom. "Can I please get a towel? I really need to take a shower."

"Okay, If you are done using the bathroom, come out. Your breakfast is ready." Anna said and passed the towel to him. After some minutes, Vernon walked out from the bathroom and saw Anna setting breakfast for him.

"You shouldn't have taken trouble making breakfast for me."

"Of course, I didn't. Jasmine made it for you." Anna said and set the breakfast on the table. "Oh, and by the way, your brother called you yesterday night and since you were sleeping, I picked up the call."

"He probably called me to disturb," Vernon said lazily. Anna creased her brows and tilted her head slightly at him. "He always calls me late at night to disturb my sleep and I do the same too. But I slept in early yesterday."