Granted

Tossing my fork in my greens colliding my cornbread with it I sat at the table resting my head in the palm of my hand thinking. It was now 11:35PM and I still haven't heard anything from Eric my frustration grew big all I could do was overthinking myself. Was something wrong? Was he cheating? ...

My mom interrupt my thoughts giving me a wine glass filled with red wine. expectations by Wale (feat 6LACK) interrupted the silence making me  automatically glance down at my phone. "❤️Eric" appeared across my screen. I answered the phone with an attitude "HELLO... yo ass haven't answered the phone all day nor have you called me & now you wanna call what the fuck you on?!" I blurted into the phone waiting on a reply. "Baby... you know that I'm on a business meeting I left my phone in the hotel room and I'm just now making it back..."

Everything he was saying was going in one ear and out the other I was really irritated and emotionally. I didn't know if I should believe what he was saying or not. "Okay Eric I will talk to you a little later." I clicked the end button and got up from the table.

"Ma everything was good but, Braylen and I better get going..." I said trying to hold back my tears and frustration but my trembling lips didn't hide in disguise before I knew it I was all over the place I couldn't control my tears I cried so hard. My heart sunk into my stomach.

"Baby girl, please just take it easy everything will be okay, this men are no good. You have to focus on your child and yourself. Nobody owe you nothing in this cruel world. I know it's better said then done... you got this and I'm here every step of the way" every word that my mom spoke into my ear went in one ear and out of the other.

I couldn't do anything but bang my my fist on the table "nah this bitch trying to play me yo! I'm so sick of being mislead and manipulated everybody take me for a fucking joke or some shit..." I said glancing down at my phone as tears covered my home screen.

I grabbed Braylen diaper bag & then him as I walked to the door my mom trailed behind me. "I don't want you going anywhere with my grandson in this type of anger you need to CALM DOWN AND JUST STAY THE NIGHT OKAY!"

"Man get the fuck out my face with all that caring shit, you didn't give a fuck before why care now? Just let me be please the only time I seem convenient is when you need money but you get a check.... you using me too huh" I giggled and walked out the door slamming it shut behind me.
___________________________________
35mins later ....

I should've never went off on my mom like that I thought to myself. Even though she wasn't the perfect mom at least I thought I should've went about that the right way. Nobody's perfect and all she was trying to do was make today perfect but everything went left. Is it me like what is it. I questioned myself banging in the wheel. I grabbed my gun with my finger in the trigger....

Swerving into my drive way. I was so far gone I didn't even noticed Braylen crying in the backseat which insistently made me snap back to reality all I could do was cry out I turned around and unbuckled Braylen from his car seat pulling him out. I hugged him and caressed his juicy cheeks smiling.

It's crazy because he was literally the only one who could bring me peace and put me in a much better mood despite what all went down today my baby boy changed everything. I got out of the car and then walked into the house.

Slamming my keys down on the kitchen table I walked into Braylen a nursery and sat in his rocking chair there I rocked back and forth as I read him a book that my dad always use to read to me when I was little....

"Read my a story tuck me in tight, say a sweet prayer and kiss me goodnight" ....