. Two .

"Are you sure you won't come?" I asked as I put on my warm socks, "I hate knowing you're going to be stuck here for a whole week by yourself."

"I'll hardly be by myself." Chanel chuckled as she handed me my boots.

"Okay then, I hate that I'll be stuck there for a whole week alone." I said trying to guilt her into coming.

"Girl...go, go have fun with your mom and sister, get the new lay of the pack and let me know if there's any cute guys so I can join next time..." she smirked.

"Well, last attempt...you could come with me and find a cute guy for yourself."

"Tempting... But seriously Evalina, I'll be fine, I'm more worried about you... enjoy your Thanksgiving, and call me if you need anything."

I grabbed my luggage and bid her one final goodbye before I went on my way.

I followed the crowd to the shuttle bus into town, there I caught a train to a small train station not even thirty minutes away in a town called Peak Ridge where Gianna said She or Mom would be picking me up.

I expected the train ride to be much longer than it was and I was practically running off the train when I caught sight of my mom on the platform waiting for me. Any animosity I had prior to traveling out here had seemingly disappeared. With my luggage trailing behind me I sprinted forward and barreled into my mom, she wrapped her arms around me and smiled.

"Oh my darling Evalina, how I've missed you." She said before releasing me enough to step back and look at me.

Her voice hit my ears and I looked up into the familiar face of an old memory, my mother was truly back, she looked happy and healthy. No longer was she a haggard mess, recovering from a night of drinking and no sleep.

"Come on... I can't wait to show you the new place." She smiled as she grabbed the handle to my suitcase and pulled it along, I followed her eagerly, entranced by the woman I remember from so long ago, now standing right in front of me.She placed my bag into the trunk and then we drove off.

As we rode through the town mom excitedly pointed everything out, and finally we reached a nice two story house.

She turned off the car and I stepped out. I stared at the brick house, the parts that weren't white washed brick were painted a gray color, and a thick forest served as the backdrop to this lovely country home.

"Well come in, come in... I'll give you a tour before I show you to your room." She smiled giddily.

'Oh right, this is my home now' I thought to myself, "great" I said, a small smirk was all I could muster...I couldn't help but feel awkward, and worse...that underlying sadness of feeling neglected at the school and being left out was beginning to rise again.

We stepped inside and I looked at everything.

"It's a three bedroom, two bath home, the ceilings are ten foot ceilings I think... there's a bonus room that I use as an office, this is the kitchen and breakfast bar, right around here is the formal dining room," She said smoothly as I followed behind her through this new house. "The door just over there leads to the garage, and if we step this way we'll find ourselves in the living area." She smiled.

I simply nodded, "it's really nice mom." In fact it really was.

"Well" she sighed and took a seat onto the plush looking sofa, she patted the cushion next to her so I left my rolling suitcase there and sat next to her. "The thing is I had decided enough was enough, I had to move on...or I knew I'd just waste away there."

I just looked at her, for years Gianna and I tried to tell her exactly that but of course she wouldn't hear it.

"Now don't get me wrong...It was hard, probably the MOST difficult thing to do knowing what I had there and knowing your father is buried there."