. Ten .

[[ ---Cesare's POV--- ]]
.
.
.

"It's funny you bring that up, marriage, where do you stand on couples getting married who aren't mates?" My dad asked.

I sat back and looked at Evalina closely.

"I don't like it one bit." She stated firm yet graciously.

This is the most I've ever witnessed her speak, and so openly with out pausing or stuttering. She is seriously in her element.

I just wish mom would cool it, I don't know how she figured it out, but she definitely knows Evalina is my mate.

"Oh?" he asked.

"No sir, I think it is a pointless Union to marry someone who isn't your mate, because when one or the others true mate comes along then it can leave a messy path." She stated matter if factly.

I nodded a bit, I couldn't agreed more.

"How so?" Dad continued to question her.

Had it been anyone else I might have grown annoyed, but as its my father I held my tongue, not that I had to though as my mate seemed to hold her own in stride.

"Well first off one will be broken hearted, then there's the expensive and sometimes drawn out divorces, and the worst is if they have a child or children, imagine having a loveless baby...sure they will love their child regardless, but the kid is too young to realize what's going on and could grow up resenting their parents...all of which can be avoided by simply waiting for your mate."

"My my" he sounded.

To say I was proud of my mates small speech was an understatement. But the moment was short lived when her sister spoke up.

"I'm sorry you feel that way." Gianna glared at her.

My wolf grew defensive and if she didn't stop it soon I was going to have to stand up and demand she treat my
Mate with kindness and respect.

But Evalina simply shrugged, "you can't possibly think Cesare will marry you, you aren't his mate."

I wanted to laugh so badly, I also wanted to look at my mate, had she just sort of accepted us unknowingly?

But of course in true Gianna fashion, she had to be on top. "Shows how much you know, he actually proposed the other night."

I squeezed my eyes shut in an attempt to keep myself calm, if not I would shift right here and ruin my mother's entire meal, "Gianna, a word please." I struggled to get out calmly.

"I know you wanted to keep it a secret, but what better time than when our family is all together."

This female is truly delusional, perhaps she is a pathological liar. Whatever she is, she's crossing the line with this lie..does she really think I'm going to let her get away with this?

To add insult to injure my father began clapping and her mother looked like she was just about to begin planning the wedding already.

I couldn't take it anymore "Gianna! A word please." I growled.

I heard her small whimper as she rose from her seat, she followed me outside and I slammed the front door behind me.

"What the fuck was that?!"

She shrugged, "oh come on, you've gotta admit that we'd be good together Cesare."

"Are you simple...or just slow?" I asked honestly. "Gianna, we're done...we've been done." I said, I couldn't even stand still I was filled with so much adrenaline right now that I began to pace a bit. "You know even if we weren't over before, we're definitely over now, I mean to the point that I would NEVER even think twice about kicking you out of this pack...you're so lucky that my father is still the Alpha otherwise your ass would be gone."