. Three .

"You can't seriously believe mom would just, be...well, seeing somebody." I stumbled through my words, the thought of my Mother with someone other than dad seemed ludicrous and I couldn't even form the proper words to express it.

"How else do you explain her behavior?" Gianna asked as she regally folded her arms and looked at me for a reply, when I came up with nothing she continued, "little Lina, you haven't been here, yes the move was a big thing and it seemed to help mom, but it wasn't until she went back to work that she made her complete one-eighty transition."

I could only stare mindlessly.

Gianna sighed, "as you know I managed to put myself through law school and now I'm one of the best attorneys in all of upstate New York, and I wouldn't be the best if I just ignore the facts and evidence."

I shook my head, I was just about to tell her It was definitely hard to believe but I knew Gia must be right, then the doorbell rang.

"That must be the Chinese, I'll go and pay." She said, leaving me to sit on the sofa and wonder about moms new boyfriend. I'm not sure if it was the though of my mom with somebody or what but soon my heart rate picked up and my stomach began to knot.

"I completely forgot you were coming by." I heard my sister say softly.

I rolled my eyes, 'must be her new victim' my wolf spoke, I nodded in agreement.

When I heard them entering the living room I stood up to greet this powerful future Alpha that my sister says is a complete stiff from Boresville USA. But when I turned to greet him I froze completely, a nanosecond went by and my wolf began to stir, then I breated in and took his scent in with my air supply.

The smell was intoxicating with its deep warm notes, now she was clawing to come forward.

He cleared his throat and straightened himself up just a bit before he extended his hand, "you must be Evalina, I've heard so much about you, he smiled at me. "It is truly a pleasure to FINALLY meet you."

His voice was like a soothing lullaby.

'Mate' my wolf howled with delight.

"Lina." Gianna whispered sharply, clearing my head.

I reached out and took his outstretched hand, an warm current flooded my veins sending a pleasurable tingle all the way down to my core, my heart beat faster and I willed my brain to come up with something to say. "N-nice to meet you too Cesare."

*ding dong*

The sound of the doorbell made me pull my hand away, this couldn't be happening, this handsome man couldn't be my mate, he's my sisters boyfriend.

As Gianna once more went to pay for the food I turned away, I couldn't look at him knowing he's my mate while he belongs to my sister.

The guilt of the situation was becoming increasingly heavy.

"Please don't turn your back on me." He pleaded softly.

I faced him once more and nearly drowned in the loving gaze of his stunning smokey green eyes.

...

[[ --Cesare's POV-- ]]
.
.
.

"Don't forget we have dinner plans at my mother's house this evening, my sister Evalina is coming home for the thanksgiving break and I want you to make a good impression... I've called your maid and asked her to send your grey suit to the cleaners to get pressed." Gianna informed me. "It should be hanging in your closet by now."