. Thirteen .

After a while of just laying in the room I walked back downstairs to see what I could find to snack on (as we didn't exactly get to eat dinner), but as soon as I stepped on the stairs I was greeted with utter chaos.

Both my mother and my sister were on the phone and walking about aimlessly as they talked quickly.

"What's going on?" I asked into the room but my words reached no ones ears.

"I won't be able to come in tonight" my mother sighed, "I know what we had planned but it will have to wait, my girls need me right now...well you knew that before all of this started!" My mom shouted before hanging up.

"Everything alright mom?"

She looked at me and sighed, "I'm gonna call it a night sweetie, you should do the same, I'm afraid you're going to have to go back to school tomorrow."

"Wh-"

She cut me off, "I'm swamped with work and your sister is more than likely going back to New York so no one will be here to look after you."

"I'm not a child." I stated ironically rather childlike.

"Sweetie, I would feel better knowing where you are and what you're doing and that's being back at school." She silenced me.

"Well can't I come back on weekends now?" I asked, "I miss you mom."

She sighed before coming over to embrace me awkwardly, "we miss you too Evalina, but the timing is difficult, I promise we will see each other for Christmas Break next month." She smiled as if it was the best news I could ever hear.

"Yeah."

She went on her way upstairs and left me standing there, I slumped onto the sofa restlessly and let my arm drape over my eyes, I must've been decently hidden or perhaps Gianna was too involved in her conversation to notice me. Either way she sauntered into the living room still on the phone.

I held still as she spoke agitatedly into her cellphone.

"I don't give a shit, I swear I will do anything to keep you from being allied with this pricks pack."

My eyebrows pulled together, was she talking about Cesare and this pack, surely she couldn't be that upset.

"You know I've always loved and respected you Trent, so I can't exactly tell you what to do, but if you want my advice, no matter what, don't sign the treaty." She said much softer and slightly seductively. A slow smile built its way up her cheeks and that's when she spotted me, "I'm gonna have to let you go, I'll talk to you later." She finished before hanging up. "I didn't know you were in here."

I remained silent.

"Look, about today, I should've told you and mom that Cesare and I were over" she said using her kind sisterly voice. "I shouldn't have put you two in the crossfires, I mean I was humiliated but you two were completely blindsided and I apologize for that."

"Gianna, it's okay, really."

"No" she shook her head defiantly, "Cesare needs to be brought down a notch and I will make sure I'm the one to do it...no one makes a fool out of me or my family." She growled, "and just wait until I find out who his mate is, I swear I will make her life a living hell."

At that I couldnt help but stand up, "Gianna," I sounded finally getting her full attention. " I have NEVER asked you for anything, but right now I ask you to please let this go, do not act on your actions, you will regret it." I stated with certainty.

I know I hardly know Cesare, but I have a feeling that he isn't one to be made a fool of. And I couldn't even imagine what he would do if he ever found out that Gianna threatened his mate, that my own sister unknowingly threatened me.

She smiled sweetly, "I know you're worried little Lina, but I can assure you that he will not see it coming. Cesare Minicci just signed his pack up for a war."

I shook my head, "I'm glad I'm leaving, I can't stand to know what a bitch my sister has become!" I spit out in utter disgust. "You're willing to put innocent people in harms way all because a guy broke up with you, suck it up and move the fuck on, quit wasting your time plotting revenge and go look for your own mate or something, perhaps you wouldn't be so cold and bitter."

My words were like a slap to the face and I turned without seeing her further reactions.

I went straight into the room and pack everything I had brought with me. Once I was packed I collected my bags and left the house, I didn't need to be here in a place where I was too much of a burden for my mother and I sure as hell didn't want to be around when the truth came out about Cesare and I.

I got to the train station and felt my heart grow heavy, I was running away back to school without so much as a goodbye to Cesare.

As I began to look around I realized that I didn't know how to get back to the apartment complex he had taken me to, and I didn't have his phone number or anything to call him.

I knew he would find out but I felt even worse because he had asked to see me this weekend.

But before I could even think about seeking out his apartment the train began pulling into the station, a couple of people exited and as the crew refueled the train the conductor came out.

"All aboard!" He shouted.

I looked around and found I was the only person who stood on the platform, I knew I had to get going and didn't want to make a fuss. I stepped forward and he kindly took my bags for me, "this way miss." He smiled and then lead me to a private corridor.

He got my luggage squared way before he asked me for my ticket, I handed the helpful conductor my ticket and he stamped it before going about his way.

When the train finally pulled away from the train station I had the strong urge to cry, what I wouldn't give to see Cesare one more time before Christmas.