. Eighteen .

[[ ---Cesare's Point Of View--- ]]
.
.
.

As I watched the car finally drive out of sight I quickly made my way back inside and went straight into Luca's office.

"What the fuck?!"

I found him leaning against the window, looking out, an amber colored liquid in his small glass.

"Are you just going to pretend like tonight didn't happen?"

He threw back the remaining contents of his glass and turned to refill it. "Chanel..."

"Yeah, you were kind of a dick to her."

He looked right at me, he looked like he wanted to say something but shook his head and drew his eyebrows together, his anger clearly growing all of a sudden. "Leave Cesare."

"I'm not leaving until you tell me what's going on."

"I SAID GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE!" He growled.

I stood my ground, not wincing once. It was clear something about tonight, Chanel in particular had pissed him off.

"I'll be at my house if you need me." I said before calmly turning to leave, I went upstairs and retrieved my belongings. Luca didn't bother to stop me from leaving and I'm not sure I would've stayed even if he had tried. I got into my car and drove away with a sigh. I couldn't possibly imagine what could've happened tonight that would have set him off like that.

Once in the familiar home that was once my grandparents I took off my suit jacket and loosened my tie. I let my body fall into the long sofa and put my feet up on the arm rest like I use to when I was a kid.

But instead of the familiar sounds of my grandma in the kitchen or my grandpa humming along to old tunes of his favorite jazz bands, I was greeted with silence.

I couldn't handle the quiet so I went up the bedroom.

While I kept most of the house in its original state, I had modified it only a bit, especially in the master bedroom.

I went over to the tall armoire and pulled out a blanket for the bed before actually sitting down and kicking off my shoes. after that I decided I would wash off tonight's event with a quick shower.

...

Once out I dried my hair didn't even bother combing it back or anything. I got into the bed and checked my phone.

No calls or texts.

I put my phone on the pillow next to me and instantly imagined Evalina here with me, with a smile I picked my phone back up and instantly text her.

[Cesare: Hey]

After pressing send I realized that I hadn't given her my telephone number and she probably didn't know who was texting her, I didn't want her to think it was the wrong number so I text her once more.

[Cesare: This is Cesare]

I felt so idiotic. I began over analyzing how I could only imagine Evalina would react to receiving these messages, surely she'll laugh and think I'm a loser.

[Evalina: Hi]

It was one word but I couldn't help the smile that grew on my face. Then it fell, I would have to text a response, but she didn't exactly offer any opener other than a greeting.

With a sigh I typed in the first thing that came to mind.

[Cesare: I truly am sorry about tonight.]

It didn't take long for her to reply.

[Evalina: it's no problem...really :), try not to worry about it too much.]

Now I smirked, this was my opener.

[Cesare: well you should let me make it up to you, it's the least I can do.]

This time it did take a little longer.

[Evalina: you don't have to.]

At that I didn't waste a minute.

[Cesare: I want to.]

[Evalina: ...okay then, since we planned on hanging out tomorrow anyways, tomorrow night?]

[Cesare: tomorrow night, we'll keep it simple...dinner and a movie?]

[Evalina: sounds like a plan.]

[Cesare: good, can't wait.]

I smiled, I liked that she seemed to be able to comfortably text me, and I wanted to push the envelope a little.

[Cesare: not to sound needy, but I miss you already.]

[Evalina: I miss you too.]

My wolf howled with an excitement that matched my own.

[Cesare: would it be too forward to admit that I wish you were here with me right now.]

[Evalina: really?]

[Cesare: yeah, this bed is too big for just me...sure could use a beautiful girl lying next to me right about now.]

[Evalina: perhaps you should go out and find one then lol.]

I let a laugh escape me, my mate was being playful.

[Cesare: No need to go looking when I've already found perfection Cara Mia.]

[Evalina: do you know how much of a charmer you are?]

[Cesare: lol only for you Evalina, now try and get some sleep.]

I knew I had to let her go if I planned on seeing er tomorrow, I didn't want her to be too tired tomorrow.

[Evalina: Good night Cesare]

I could practically hear her voice saying my name.

[Cesare: Sweet dreams Cara Mia.]

..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....

A/N:
I apologize for all the texting between them. I know there's some of you who don't particularly care for it.

And before anyone points out "I thought they aren't suppose to have phones."

We all do things we aren't suppose to do.

The phone (as mentioned before) is actually one the girls share, it was purchased for Chanel by her grandfather to keep in touch in case she needs anything while she's away at school. I must reiterate that they are NOT suppose to have it therefore they hide it in an old pair of sneakers.

And before anyone asks, "Well why didn't Evalina just use the cellphone to call her family?" To be honest she simply didn't want to...as she told Cesare, when she's at school she doesn't miss her family AND to be honest Gianna is the kind of person to let the administrators know the girls have a phone just to "keep Evalina in check."