05 | third wheeling

"Over here Taehyung-ah!!!"

Jimin shouted his friend's name, waving his small hands in the air. The famous Instagram influencer who went by the name of @bunnyboy and him were waiting for Taehyung to arrive, sitting at the coffee table outside of Starbucks, cold drinks in hand and hair ruffled by the wind.

Taehyung fastened his pace, nervously biting his lower lip.

"Calm down, Tae. You've got this. It's not a job interview, damn" he cursed at himself for being so naive. What was the point of getting so flustered over a simple meeting with one of Jimin's friends anyway?

So as he finally came up to them, the ebony-haired model welcomed him with a gorgeous smile that lighted up the entire place. And there, right next to him, sat the Instagram celebrity his friend was so eager to introduce him; said boy finally turned to Taehyung and flashed him a radiant smile, making him melt.

"Taehyung, this is Kookie. Kookie this is Taehyung" chimed Jimin in an attempt to help the guys get acquainted.

"Please, don't use that name. It's super cringy. You guys can call me Jungkook" stated the boy with doe-like eyes, taking a sip from his steaming caramel macchiato. For all the time being, Taehyung had tried his best to avoid the guy's gaze, but as the latter leaned in to shake hands they inevitably locked eyes.

And that's when Taehyung's heart missed a beat.

"I.. I'm Taehyung.." he spoke absentmindedly as he shook hands with Jungkook, whose eyes were big, dark and gleaming.

"Yeah, we already know that" Jimin cutely scrunched his face as he spoke, making fun of his friend. "Excuse him, he can be a little awkward at times" he then told Jungkook, scratching the back of his neck.

He had sensed Taehyung's hesitation and nervousness but decided to not further comment on that to avoid making him feel even more embarrassed. Though he honestly couldn't help but wonder why was Taehyung being that weird all of a sudden.

"Why didn't you wait for me?!" Taehyung whined in a nasal voice, pointing his finger at Jimin's tall Americano. The boy shrugged.

"Cause your ass was late that's why" he chuckled, making Jungkook crack a smile: tiny wrinkles appeared near the corners of the boy's mouth, his pretty lips curved in a toothy grin.

He was cute.

"Ok then, Imma go grab something and I'll be back" the blue-haired boy mumbled, heading inside the shop to fetch himself a drink.

Once he couldn't be seen nor heard by the guys anymore, he let out a long sigh and put a hand on his chest: his heart was beating incredibly fast and his forehead was still covered in cold sweat.

"Hi, welcome to Starbucks. What would you like to order?" asked the man behind the counter, bringing him back to reality.

"Mmh... a strawberry milkshake please" Taehyung muttered his response. Once his order was ready, he headed outside once again where his friends were waiting for him. He could hear them whisper from the distance.

"What are we talking about?" as he finally approached them, he gave Jimin a bad look.
He was being a tad paranoiac and assumed the boy was being chatty for whatever reason.

"Seriously what is up with you today" Jimin thought to himself but didn't word it out.

"Jungkook was telling me all about his College experience" he told Taehyung instead, to avoid any kind of trouble.

"Really?" Taehyung looked pleasantly surprised. "Do you go to college?" he asked, feeling proud of himself for asking that question so confidently, the handsome stranger now turning his full attention to him.

"Yeah, I'm majoring in Photography.. it kinda helps me with my career on social media" he then paused and smiled shyly "I always wanna be able to take the perfect shot" he ended his sentence with a giggle, making Taehyung soft.

"Wait... so do we all go to the same Academy?" our hipster boy said, widening his puppy-like eyes. "No uhm... I'm actually home-schooled, let's just say I don't like being around people that much hahah" the social media star confessed, not without a bit of embarrassment on his part.

An awkward silence followed. A silence that Jimin skillfully broke by changing the subject.

"So, I saw you recently hit 130k followers on Ig!!! Aish, I really wish I was that popular" whined the shortest boy, pouting his rosy plump lips.

"Also let me just say.. you have the coolest boyfriend! You guys look so adorable together" Jungkook blushed at Jimin's words, burying his face in the hoodie of his black sweater. Taehyung, on the other hand, was like frozen, not blinking an eye, face completely blank.

Of course Jimin noticed that sudden change of heart so he quickly took his phone out and invited his friend to take a picture all together, hoping to ease the tension which was lingering in the air.

*Jimin takes a group selfie on his phone and later on posts it on Instagram

"We look so gay" commented Jungkook, laughing in that contagious way of his

"That's exactly what I was going for hehe" purred Jimin, while hitting on the keyboard with his agile fingers to add multiple hashtags under the picture, emitting an annoying ticking sound.

"Please don't tag me" mumbled a flustered Taehyung, still not over the fact all of that was happening.

"Why? You look so so pretty" Jungkook told him in the purest way, his big black eyes staring back into Taehyung's. He was too taken aback by that comment that he remained silent, unable to find the words to say.

"Done!" Jimin exclaimed at that point as he finally pressed the "post" button.
"This way we'll never forget today's meeting" he then added.

"Yeah, you can really say that, Jimin" the young artist thought to himself, just then feeling his pulse rise as he took one last look at Jungkook, sitting right next to him.

A/N : Will Jimin make an intervention? Also don't mind if change the format frequently, i like to experiment so each chapter will be different 😁😁😁