40 | I still want you

"Let's just go inside, Kook" the boy with blue hair muttered, urging Jk to follow him to the restaurant to avoid having to deal with those two squealing teenagers. The young Instagram star, on the other hand, didn't seem to be bothered by his fans' screams. Instead, he looked kind of amused by them, as if he was so used to it that it wasn't even an issue anymore.

"Oppaaa Saranghaeyo!!!" one of the fangirls yelled, emitting an almost inhuman screech, her stupid words making Taehyung's ears bleed.

"I'm gonna barf" he commented, desperate to find a way to get rid of those two annoying, hormones raging groupies. On the other hand, Jk was grinning and enjoying the unwanted attention they were getting.

"So are you guys dating?" the bravest girl among the duo dared to ask, her eyes sparkling with curiosity. Jungkook neither confirmed nor denied her statement but simply avoided her gaze, still making sure to keep a fair distance from her, fearing a sudden attack. Yeah, some of his stans were really crazy and he knew that very damn well.

Taehyung was noticeably irritated: he kept a straight face and waited for the girls to understand they were not gonna put up with their bs. "So when are you guys gonna leave?" Tae quirked a brow, retorting in a mocking tone and giving the little stalkers a gaze so piercing and intimidating, they both turned pale on the spot.

He was simply staring at them and yet his glare served as a serious warning to leave him and his partner alone, or else who knows what he would have done.

Jungkook gulped at the sight of his lover being so keen on protecting him like that... it was kind of a turn on honestly. Luckily those two die-hard fans were respectful enough to go away, but not before taking yet another pic of the two boys together and post it on their bunnyboy stan account.

"F*ucking finally" the artist sighed, looking up at the sky. "Now I get why you said being famous is not all fun and games" he then added, speaking through gritted teeth.

"Thanks for your help... you didn't have to be that rude though" the younger boy talked back, sulking. He was so cute all wrapped up in his beige flannel coat, his face paler than usual because of the cold wind blowing on his skin.

"Wha- I thought you hated all the attention! I did it to protect you!" Tae blurted out, a bit disappointed by the other boy's reaction.

"I know and I'm grateful for it. But you know... those two girls actually did us a favor" Jungkook said at that point, making Taehyung gape in surprise.

"How?" he asked, totally clueless about what Jk was getting at.

"Hello? They just exposed our relationship to the public. Pretty sure their tweet has already been shared by thousands of people" the boy with chestnut hair answered, his voice tinged with irony.

"Oh no..." Taahyung felt lost: the idea that the news of him dating Jk was spreading like cancer on the internet was neither pleasing nor reassuring.

"Wait... aren't you happy?" Jungkook was shocked at the sight of his partner panicking like that over something that silly. He was fumbling and rambling in a low voice so that only Jungkook could hear him. They were still outside so he couldn't risk being recognized by other people.

"I.. well I am happy, it's just... I wanted this moment between us to be special, I didn't want to..."

"Rush it" Jungkook finished Tae's sentence in a dry tone, finally meeting his gaze. And that's when he saw that Taehyung was finally starting to feel more at ease.

"Exactly" the older boy spoke and just then, a smile appeared on his lips. That's when Jungkook sighed, collecting all his strength to deliver a heartfelt message he was positive Taehyung was dying to hear.

"Yeah, that's what I thought too at first... but you know what? I don't see why we should wait any longer when we both know we want to be together" his heart got caught up in his throat as he said those things, his voice slightly cracking as he got to the end of that sentence.

It was so liberating to finally admit his feelings and stop holding them inside of his chest; it felt so good being able to taste that look on Taehyung's face when he discovered that his feelings were actually reciprocated. It was a memorable moment for both of them, something they would have remembered for a very long time.

"Is that what you think? Do you really wanna be with me?" Tae's eyes widened, his emerald orbs peering into Jungkook's chocolate eyes. The latter took that chance to cup his cheeks and pull him closer, his nostrils pricked by the smell of fresh mint and daisies exuding from Taehyung.

"Of course I do. More than anything else in the world. You know, Tae..." and then he paused "I may have a big car, a nice house and an ever nicer paycheck but... for some reason the only thing that truly brings me joy is you" he said all of that whispering, thin gushes of wind sneaking through each syllable, creating a needlework of sound and air.

"Whoa I'm sorry... I probably said too much.. I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable I just get very emotional at times and-" Jungkook tried to apologize, his otherwise snow-white complexion perfused by a rose-colored hue which replaced the usual peachy blush resting on his cheekbones.

"Jungkook" Tae breathed deeply before he spoke, meditating on the words to say before they could leave his mouth.

"I want you to be my boyfriend" he eventually stated, staring deeply into the bottomless pits that were the other boy's eyes, eager to know his reaction.

The world seemed to stop for a second, as well as the two lovers hearts which went from being motionless to beat uncontrollably fast as, after about ten seconds of silence, the younger boy revealed his reaction being a romantic, passionate kiss which left both of them out of their breath and senses so that the world was now spinning restlessly and the earth was collapsing under their feet.

A spur of lust driven extasy shook their bodies to the core, blurring the lines of dream and reality, projecting scenarios that had only been part of their wildest dreams up until then. They had to break the kiss eventually, otherwise they wouldn't have been able to control their instincts any longer.

"Well that was... hot" Taehyung had to admit, although maybe he should have kept that honest comment to himself. Jk wrinkled his nose as he usually did whenever he was feeling a bit awkward and distracted his now official boyfriend with a sudden question.

"Why don't we cherish this moment with a pic, uh?" his lips were still a bit red and swollen, something which contrasted with the overall pallor the harsh weather provided him with.

"Noo please aaah I'm so shy! I look like trash today" the older boy complained, his whines sounding like a child's. But it only took Jk to pout for Tae to give in to his request.

"Say cheese! And also don't you say that ever again, you're flawless" Jk spoke as he took his phone out to take just the perfect pic to commemorate that special moment.

"Now let's get us something to eat, I'm sooo hungry" Jeongguk whined and urged Taehyung to follow him inside the restaurant they had decided to have a romantic dinner at

"Now let's get us something to eat, I'm sooo hungry" Jeongguk whined and urged Taehyung to follow him inside the restaurant they had decided to have a romantic dinner at. Normally he would post the picture he took on social media,  however this time he didn't, because he was with Taehyung. His boyfriend.

And they were happy, free and most importantly in love. Still too afraid to admit that to one another, but still... truly in love.

A/N : Edit : that's it for bunnyboy! Check out BOOK 2 WANDERLUST if you wish to know how their relationship develops <3