09 | family

*meanwhile in Jungkook's private gc

Family🤧😌🤘🏻💞

Hobi-hyung
hey Jungkookie so why don't you tell us about that new friend of yours 😜

You
I don't know who you're talking about 🤧

Seokjinnie
aaah come on Kookie
you know you can't keep anything from us 👀

Hobi-hyung
yeah cuz we're gonna find out sooner
or later if you don't tell us haha

You
ok fine but it's not what you guys may think..
his name's Taehyung, he's one of Jimin's close friends

Hobi-hyung
is Jimin that model guy you never
shut up about?

You
yep that's him

Seokjinnie
ooooooooh so tell us..
do you fancy him? 😏😏

You
noooo i mean he's nice and everything
but i have a boyfriend remember?
I'm not the type to mess around

Seokjinnie
not to be that person Koo, but Yoongi isn't exactly the best match for you

Hobi-hyung
yeah.. i'm honestly starting to worry
about you guys too 😞

You
there's nothing wrong with Yoongi,,
you guys should seriously mind your own business

Hobi-hyung
i'm sorry Kookie but we can't help but be worried if you keep showing up with new bruises every time we see you

Joonie
Hobi..

Hobi-hyung
i'm sorry guys but I care about Jungkookie too much and I just can't stand seeing him getting hurt like this

Hobi-hyung
if he isn't gonna do anything about it I swear
I'm gonna confront that Yoongi guy on my own

Hobi-hyung
mark my words

Seokjinnie
Kookie? 😨

You left the group chat
you can't send any more messages in this group

_____________________________

*trigger warning : depiction of abusive relationships and self-harm

Jungkook hated himself for being that weak. He hated himself for not being able to say "no", "that's enough", and then finally "we're done". But he had grown to love the guy ever since they started dating a couple of years back.

They started off carelessly, involving themselves in a not to serious relationship, but then as feelings started to develop things got complicated.

Yoongi wasn't a stable person, he knew that he had always known that, but the idea of wanting to protect him and save him from himself was what kept him endure all the awful things he did to him. Day by day, until he eventually grew tired of it but was too much of a coward to do anything about it.

Yoongi would often beat him, leaving bruises on his skin which he skillfully covered with foundation. And when that wasn't enough he would use a scarf or simply wear something which was not too revealing.

It even got to the point it was useless to keep on lying because of how obvious was his reaction to someone pointing out at his scarred wrists and visible cuts. Yeah, he even started self-harming to numb the feeling of oppression Yoongi exerted on him.

He didn't know how to defend himself, he had no family who could support him, asking him if everything was fine, if he needed help.

His fans, on the other hand, scattered all over the world, and praising him for whatever thing he did, were completely oblivious to the truth that lied beneath his picture-perfect life.

They only saw that little bunny boy smiling behind the screen and taking cute selfies daily for them to enjoy, too blinded by his flawless skin and makeup and gorgeous model-like body to actually see the veil of sadness glossing his pretty brown eyes.

He was too far gone to go back to his normal life as a regular teenager, back at when he didn't have to spend hours upon hours finding the perfect lighting for his shots, when he didn't have to deal with agencies upon agencies asking him to launch a clothing line or wanting to hire him for a promotional campaign for the cosmetics he advertised in his account.

He was even proposed to act in an adult film once, but of course he declined the offer immediately, frightened at how Yoongi would have reacted.

Yes, his bf was also hella jealous among other things. A past of bad relationships and an abusive family had made him the heartless bastard he was, the bastard Jungkook still found himself loving.

Was it love though?

Or was it just a feeling born out of habit, maybe cause he was too afraid of meeting someone new, getting to know someone new.

He'd known Yoongi since middle school, then they parted ways in high school but still kept in touch by playing online games together. Then it got to the point they started a distance relationship and then finally began seeing each other once college started.

Then ever since Yoongi moved to Busan, things started to change. The fact his partner was famous was hard for him to handle, making him jealous over even the most insignificant things.

For instance, right after Jimin posted that picture with him and that sweet guy named Taehyung, Yoongi had started bombarding him with messages, wanting to know who the guy was. And of course, Jungkook had tried his best to avoid his questions and say Tae was just a friend.

After some hesitation, Yoongi finally gave in and didn't care about it anymore, but then it happened: he caught Jungkook texting with somebody else. Luckily he was quick enough to hide his phone so that Yoongi didn't see it was Taehyung he was talking to, but he got beaten up nonetheless, hence the bruises he was so eager to hide in front of his friends.

So if talking to that Taehyung guy was so dangerous, possibly making him at risk of the umpteenth abuse from his boyfriend... why did he find himself texting him every night?

A/N : ok this chapter was dark DARK.. i should probably put a trigger warning but i mean is it even a fanfic of mine if it doesn't contain a bit of angst here and there?😆