Chapter 1 : First steps

Tanjiro's POV

I take a deep breath and look up to see my new school. The weather is luckily good today, since today is the first day of school. I'm actually kind of nervous. It's a sunny spring day with some small winds. A gentle gust of wind plays with my hair and earrings as I'm standing in front of the school gates.

Since this school has an actual dresscode unlike my old school, I'm wearing a light green cardigan, a white shirt with a black tie, and black pants.

I fix my tie and hair out of nervousness and excitement. I straighten my back to correct my posture, I want to atleast try to make a good first impression. The first day of school is always nerve wracking no matter how old I get huh I thought to myself... I quicky sigh, and I stare a bit longer at the huge building in front of me.

My new school.

This is the first time that I'm seeing the school up close, I stare at the school in awe

This is the first time that I'm seeing the school up close, I stare at the school in awe. I have only seen it when I walk down the other side of the road over to the grocerystore. Even, then I really only glance at it, so now that I'm finally actually standing in front of it. it feels a lot different.

I keep staring at the school from the bottom level to the school roof. It seems way bigger than I had originally thought, and it's definently bigger than my old school. My eyes wander to look up at the giant clock that's on the school roof, that I remember seeing on my trips to the store.

After staring at the school for a while, I take another deep breath of the slightly warm spring air when, suddenly I feel something grabbing onto my wrist.

A bit surprised I turn my head to look over to the left at my little sister who's holding on to my wrist tightly. She keeps nervously glancing at the school yard and me. I smile and look at her, she looks into my eyes for a few seconds, and clings to my arm with both hands.

"Nezuko..." I say quietly as she tries to bury her head into my arm. Now that she's so close to me I can actually take a good look at her. She looks so adorable in her new school uniform, It makes her look more mature. The uniform she's wearing is a dark navy coloured sailor uniform, with some white detailing in the collar and sleeves.

I didn't really see it that well when we left, because we were almost running late and had to hurry. Honestly speaking, being late on your first day of school would be truly awful.

I sigh, and take another good look at her. I feel like she's gotten taller, she's already a big girl huh. I look at her nuzzling her head on my arm. Even though she's already in highschool she's still a sweetheart, always relying on me. She's still keeps clinging onto my arm, I should propably try and calm her down. It would look awkward if we walked in to school like this.