Chapter 10 : A hard time deciding

Zenitsus POV

I look at the different guitars that are lined on the wall in the back of the classroom.

"Do you need any help?" Tanjiro asks me if he could help me but, I really don't think that he could help.

He doesn't seem to know a lot about instruments, or... music in general. Which makes me wonder even more, why would he want to be a part of the band? It... couldn't be because of me could it?

I shake my head, yeah no, no way.

My thoughts then shift again to guitars, which one would be the best for a beginner? I look at the different guitars and look at their width and height. I dont even remember what my first guitar was like...

I then have a new thought, maybe we should start with bass since it would be easier than guitar, maybe? But then again he asked to learn how to play a guitar, not a bass...

I then have a perfect thought, Right! I clap my hands and it seems like I caught Tanjiros attention. I should look at his hands first and then decide!

"What is it?" He asks curiously.

I then turn around and look at him in the eyes, "Your hands!" I tell him.

He looks at me confused, he also then opens his mouth for a second trying to say something, but then gives up closes it.

I then walk over to him and grab his hands.

"Zenitsu? what...?" Says Tanjiro shyly.

"Hold on a second." I assure him and look at his hands. I gently press his finger tips and palm while looking at the shape of his hands.

Hmm... Short fingers, not ideal for playing guitar but, we can work with that. I gently put my hand on top of his, hm... his hands feel so rough, they're really tough so that's good! He propably wont have much trouble with the strings being too sharp for him.

I then happily gaze up to look at his face, "All done~" I muse to him excited.

But as soon as I take a good look at his face I can see that he's...

Blushing?

Startled I take a step back, wh-why is he blushing?! I can also feel my face heat up, Tanjiro then turns his head to look to the side, trying to hide his blushing.

I now realise that I'm still holding his hands, "Ah, Sorry for touching you all of a sudden!" I say embarrased. But then to my surprise, before I slide my hands of his, he intervines his fingers with mine.

"Oh no it's fine! I was just a bit surprised..." He says and smiles at me.

So that's what it was, relieved I smile back at him. A few seconds pass and I start thinking, isn't this a little weird?... I start to sweat nervously, like, I've never held hands with a girl before but, I stare into his eyes.

Why do I feel like it's okay to do this with you? Even though we're both guys...

Ah, wait, no, I really shouldn't do something this intimate with a friend, let alone another dude!

I then break the silence, "Umm... could you let go now?" I ask him.

"Huh? Oh, yeah" He lets go and puts his hands behind his back. And now that I'm not holding his hands I realise how cold it is. He has quite warm hands...

I then try to break the weird awkwardness that I created, "So umm, I picked a guitar for you" I tell him and I can see his face lit up.

"Really? Which one is it?" He says excitedly.