Chapter 3 : Rumours and the principals office

Tanjiros POV

I quietly sit on my seat and listen to the teacher talking. I already introduced myself to my class, my classmates all seemed really nice, offering me a seat and everything. Even though everything is going well, I feel a bit uneasy...

There is still something that's bothering me... , I look over to my left to a window and stare out of it. I just keep thinking about that blonde haired boy that I saw this morning... I sigh, I don't even know his name, I only know that he has blonde hair with orange ends, and amber eyes... I shake my head, trying to clear out my thoughts, why am I even so fixated on that boy...? I'm really curious about him for some reason. Especially about what he was doing and the notepad that he was carrying... He was acting kind of weirdly too, like as if he was a teacher or something.

I mean, don't teachers usually discipline the students? Seems strange for a student to order around other students... Maybe he's special, or something?... I really don't know.

I get startled by the school bell, I was so deep in thought that I completely forgot about it. As soon as I stand up from my desk a group of girls and guys have surrounded me. Ohh... yeah ofcourse they're curious about me, because I'm new here.

Since this school has both, an elementary school and a highschool that are connected, most of the students have known each other since they were kids. So a transfer student like me, is pretty exciting for them.

They start asking me all kinds of questions like,

"Why did you transfer here?"
"Do you have a girlfriend?"
"What do you like?"
"Do you want to go to karaoke after school?"
"Do you have any siblings?"

and... so on.

And I try to politely answer to the questions, " I transfered here because I moved here with my family, No I don't have a girlfriend right now, I like sports, and friends and having fun! And, I'm sorry I can't today, I have to help my family to unpack things, since we just moved. And I have siblings, my little sister goes to school here too."

I keep answering their questions, until suddenly there's an announcement on the loud speaker.

" Kamado Tanjiro, could you please come by the principals office. "

I freeze. H-huh? W-what did I do? Everyone becomes quiet and they just look at me. I start to get bit nervous, it's only my first day, so why?

"Excuse me." I say politely and bow to my classmates, as I walk away from my desk, I should propably go as quickly as possible. I then stop at the classroom door, and turn around to face the group, because I just realized something.

"Where exactly is the principals office?" I ask a little embarrased.

I don't even know where the principals office is since this is a new school for me... Really... how did I forgot something like that?

I awkwardly stand there for a few seconds. There's just silence, so I figured that I should try to go and find it alone, since I don't want to bother  my classmates.

Luckily for me, before I left the classroom a girl from my class offered to guide me to the principals office. I thank her and we start to walk to the principals office. We chat while walking, and laugh about stuff. She seems to be a very nice girl, she even offered to help me, which is really nice of her. The people in this school seem friendly, expect maybe the blonde boy... Whose name I still don't know.

We then finally find our way to the principals office, I again thank the girl for helping me, and she says that it's not a problem and she's happy to help. I wawe her a goodbye, as she leaves to go back to the classroom, and I turn to face the principals office. I take a deep breath and open the door, I step into the office and neatly close the door behind me.