006

[it's a double update, please read the one before this, thank u<3]

Hwayoung

"Hwayoung and Jimin, stay. I want to talk to you after class," Mr. Choi announced.

Every student looked at us curiously but shrugged it off. It was normal for me to stay after class, but it was new for Jimin.

Jimin gave me a questioning glance, to which I merely shrugged.

The crowd of dance students exited through the narrow corridor as Jimin and I stood silently, waiting for the professor's words.

"Ms. Min, you are my best student. Your audition for the winter show was exquisite, elegant," he complimented. "So I decided, I would like you to be a part of the Winter Dance Show."

"Oh, of course! Thank you so much sir. I-"

"I want you to do a very complex piece," he interrupted. "I believe you are ready. You need to be challenged to improve."

I carefully nodded at his words.

"I want you to do a partner piece. You have worked alone for every assignment, and while I enjoy your passion and hard work, I would like to see how you do when paired with a partner," he paused and glanced in my direction, making sure I was following along.

"Oh, alright Mr. Choi. Maybe I can ask Jung Hoseok, he's a stellar dance major," I chimed.

His hand halted me from voicing my thoughts any further.

"No need. I already have the perfect partner for you," Mr. Choi nodded his head at Jimin, who stood silently, until now.

"Me?" Jimin questioned incredulously. "But my strength is contemporary, hers is ballet."

"Your point is? She's my best student. She is capable of any dance style," Mr. Choi defended me with a stoic expression.

"Oh," Jimin nodded slowly as his attention switched to my hesitant form. "Yes Mr. Choi, whatever you decide," he answered obediently.

Discipline is the first thing they teach you in the world of dance.

"Well Mr. Park, you have a background in contemporary, correct?"

Jimin nodded but didn't add to the professor's statement.

"And you practiced ballet as well, correct me if I am wrong."

"No, you're correct, professor," Jimin nodded as he placed his hands behind his back.

"Then I do not see a problem. You have proven yourself to be an outstanding performer in the past couple of weeks, Mr. Park. As well as you these past few months, Ms. Min." He shuffled around his bag and pulled out a folder. "You will be performing a contemporary mixed with ballet piece. You will have extra practice. I will prepare this class for this show, but remember you are the finale. I expect nothing but the best from the both of you. If you encounter any grave obstacles along the way, please notify me," he finished as he closed his folder and nodded at the both of us.

"Yes sir." I bowed as a small smile spread across my face.

I'm doing it. I'm playing a role in the finale.

━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫・━━━━━━
author's note:
please keep in mind that there are somewhat time skips.
obviously it's been a couple of days or weeks since the last chapter since the teacher noticed how great and hardworking jimin is, enough to entrust him with a routine with his best student *cough* hwayoung *cough*.

anyway, they're dance partners now!
look at ma lil babies go :')