031

Hwayoung

Hwayoung

"Class, I have some... news," Mr. Choi sighed. "The winter show will not be a dance show anymore. In fact, there won't be one, at all."

Everyone around us murmured about the rumors being true after all.

"As you all know, the drama department has been working on their musical since the beginning of the semester," he started.

"Well, the University announced that they will not be able to host the musical and a dance show within the same academic year. Therefore, they initially decided to cut off the dance show completely."

"What?!" Many students exclaimed, bewildered by the news.

"Simmer down students, do you really think I would have let them do that?" Mr. Choi grinned as he pointed at himself. "We won't get our own show like they had promised, but we will be a part of the musical. You can see it as if they combined the dance show and the musical together." He nodded slightly.

"Excuse me sir, but what musical are they doing?" Ara, another dance major, inquired.

"Ah well that's the best part, they're doing Footloose."

Everyone erupted in whispers and some even squealed in response.

"Now, I know that we were almost done with the routines and all for the winter show and I lament that not all will be used. However, the musical will take place this spring, so you will have more than enough time to adjust to this new production," he paused to look at every one of our faces before nodding slightly to continue with his speech. "Now, since you will be working together for the next few months or so, I would like for you to meet the theatre department. From now on, our class will meet in their building instead. The main cast of the musical will come in today for all of you to familiarize yourselves with each other. Please make them feel welcome," he warned as his eyes roamed around the classroom and to every student.

"Are you excited?" I grinned as I turned to Jimin.

"I guess, I'm not so fond of musicals if I'm honest." He shrugged.

"But Footloose is so good! And there's so much dancing involved. Have you watched the movie?"

"No, not really. I told you, I'm not fond of musicals."

"But you need to familiarize yourself with the concept first!" I gasped. "We're watching it." I pointed between the both of us.

"Really?" He smirked as he eyed me, clearly amused by my excitement.

"Yes, if you want to excel you need to do your research! Plus I kind of want to re-watch it and this just gives me an excuse to do it," I beamed.

He merely chuckled at my enthusiasm. "Fine, little flower, I'll give it a shot."

"Settle down students, here they come now."

The door opened and countless other students walked into the dance room and stood in front of the dance majors.

"Don't be shy, my students won't bite," Mr. Choi teased as he closed the door.

I mindlessly played with my rings until I saw someone walking in my direction.

"Hey, Hwayoung, right?" He smiled, a box like shape taking over his lips.

"Taehyung," I grinned up at him. "You're in the drama department?"

"That much of a surprise?" He chuckled as he sat down on the floor, next to me.

"Hm, for some reason I thought you'd be a music major," I hummed with a soft smile.

"Almost." His grin remained on his face as he uttered those words. "So, I guess we'll be working together?"

"Yeah, we will," I chuckled. "Here, I'd like you to meet Jimin." I turned around to meet Jimin's curious stare.

"Hey Jimin, meet Taehyung. Taehyung, meet Jimin," I introduced.

"Nice to meet you." Taehyung nodded respectfully.

"Nice to meet you too." Jimin nodded as well before clearing his throat. "So, how do you know Hwayoung?" He inquired as he eyed us curiously.

"We bumped into each other a couple of weeks ago," he chuckled. "You were with a friend, right?" Taehyung turned to me again.

"Mm yeah, Bong-Cha." I nodded slightly.

Jimin suddenly placed his arm around me, making me switch my attention from Taehyung onto him.

His gaze was soft as he looked at me with a faint smile, studying me. Our eyes met and I genuinely almost forgot there was a conversation happening with someone else.

"Um," I coughed as I managed to get out of my trance. "So, Taehyung, want to grab lunch with us?" I shared a friendly smile with him.

"I'd like that," Taehyung said with a nod and smiled shyly at us.

━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫・━━━━━━
author's note:

hey guys, so plot twist, it's a musical!

i genuinely wanted to do in the heights, but since in the heights is composed of english and spanish, i didn't know how they'd do it in korean :(

plus in the heights is mostly about being a minority in the states and i wanted it to be a play/musical where it didn't HAVE to be in the states for it to make much sense. did that make sense? ahh idk i hope it did lol.

anyway, tae's finally backkkk! and the other members shall make an appearance soon hehe.

i'm not super proud of this chapter for some reason so i apologize :/ but i hope u all liked it anyway.

stream black swan!! <3

much love to all of u.
stay safe and healthy 🤍