rumination

not an update but please read.

(lowercase intended)

[lmao i really said "i'll publish this tomorrow or sunday",,, i have to laugh.]

hello! this is something some authors i really like have done at the end of their stories. i got the chance to understand the little details i missed out on their books because of it. thus, i would like to do one for this story, to explain everything and what i have planned for this book.

thank u to those authors for inspiring me to do this. hope u all have a great day/night :)

1.
friendship

first of all, the story starts off with hwayoung explaining how it's become a common occurrence in her life where she's accustomed to people using her to get to bong-cha.

as she explains everything, however, she also says "It's not her fault, I know it isn't." (chapter 000.5).

that was one of the most important things about this book.

i never wanted hwayoung to compete with bong-cha. they are best friends. i wanted it to stay that way. both of them value, trust, respect, and love each other.

i'm really tired of seeing women tearing down other women. it's almost common now for women to hate on each other over men.

therefore, albeit hwayoung was hurt, she knew it wasn't her friend's fault. never once did either of them insult each other and/or disrespected one another.

bong-cha stayed by hwayoung's side, every single time. she always encouraged her and even when hoseok confessed, the first person she thought of was hwayoung.

i want everyone to realize that bong-cha always had hwayoung's back. yes, it was frustrating that men continuously used hwayoung to get to her, but that was out of either of their control.

in conclusion, bong-cha and hwayoung are babies.

2.
hwayoung (past/childhood)

it was mentioned how her mom previously owned a dance studio in seoul (chapter 024). that's the building she seeks for comfort. it's where the rooftop is, her safe haven.

she used to play around in that building when she was younger, as she had mentioned in the book (chapter 024).

when she was (approximately) six, she moved back home, gwangju. that's where she met hoseok, bong-cha, and jungkook.

hobi was held back a year, that's why they are all in the same year. he was her first friend, which is predominantly what made him so special; it's why their bond was so pure as well.

later on, she met bong-cha and so on.

her parents passed away in her senior year, she mentions their death on the holiday chapter (chapter 033). they passed away the day after christmas, that's why she only spent the holidays with yoongi, jin, joonie, hobi and/or bong-cha. they only spend it with those they trust the most.

yoongi and her have always been close. they were always there for each other and comforted one another in difficult times. after everything that happened to their parents, yoongi and hwayoung became closer.