1

"Up."

I look up to the cell door where the voice came from. There were two officers outside of my door. Interesting. I slowly stood up and faced the concrete wall opposite my bed. I heard the clanking of the key and the metal door squeaking open. The officers waited until I put my hands on the wall until they grabbed them and put them in handcuffs.

"Where are you ladies taking me?" It was either early in the morning or really late at night because once they took me out of my cell, there was no scuffling in any of the other cells. They didn't answer me.

Left. Left. Right. Down a hallway. Up a flight of stairs. Hallway. Doorway.

The two kind officers opened the doorway, shoved me in, and closed the door. Well then.

        I turn back to the room and see that it looks like a little courtroom. There's two official-looking men standing across from me in suits. One looked to be about mid thirties, with black hair and brown eyes. The other looked to be older with salt and pepper hair, and a deep brown eye color. I only recognized one, and that was the younger one. I've seen him around whenever the girls had visitors, he was probably a lawyer or something. I sense two guards posted at each exit, one behind me and another off to my right.

"Hello Scar." The younger official on the right says to me.

"What am I doing here?" I asked, cutting right to the chase.

"We've heard that you are doing really well lately. Ever since... that day you've been on excellent behavior and we want to reward you."

I waited for them to continue, but they didn't. "And?" I said impatiently.

"We would like to let you go to Riverwood High School and finish your senior year, as long as you maintain good grades, and stay on good behavior."

I hid my smile. Every time my brother Jaxon comes to visit me, he tells me stories of him and his friends from when he went to Riverwood. Jaxon was six years older than me, and whenever he went to Riverwood he always told me of the endless pranks he made, and how 'so' many girls were constantly asking him out. My brother is a player. 

"When can I get out?" The sooner I leave this piece of shit place, the better.

The two officials smile warmly at me. It makes me uncomfortable.

"Today."

        Holy shit.

                                      ***

        Here you go sweetie, everything you came with..." Mrs. Clarke says, tossing me a bag of the clothes I came into juvie, they don't fit me anymore.

I smiled at her. "Thank you." I looked at the double doors in front of me. This is it. I'm leaving juvie, for the first time in 6 years. I'm still wearing my jumpsuit, because I don't have any clothes that will fit me anymore. I don't give a flying fuck though. I just need to get out of here. The officer behind me grabs my handcuffed hands and uncuffs them.

"You're free to go."

        I wasn't going to miss this place. I didn't have friends, and it held too many dark memories. I was happy I was leaving, it's been six years after all.

        I run to the double doors and push them open, and I see my brother on his motorcycle, waiting for me.

        I gasp. The last time I saw my brother, in 'person' was when I was 11, and him 17. He's always been overprotective of me, even when we were kids. He grew up; big time.

        He's definitely a few inches past 6'0, and muscular. He has pale grey eyes, and black hair. He has a tan from being in the sun a lot, and he's wearing ripped black jeans, a plain white shirt, and black vans. He's staring at me, looking me up and down and grinning. I run at him, launching myself into his arms. It feels so good to be back with him, together as a family. I missed him, I missed physical contact.

"Hey brother." I whispered as he still held me crushed to his chest.

"Hey sister." He slowly pulled back from me and looked at me again. He had a soft smile on his handsome face. "Let's get out of here."

***

"How's life been with you?" Jaxon asked as I got into his 1965 black convertible mustang.

I looked at him, then started laughing. How does he think my excuse of a life has been?

"It's been very eventful actually. I had a lot of parties and sooo many friends you can't even imagine, and-"

"I get it piece of shit." Jaxon said as he used the stick to put the car in motion.

I laughed. "How's everything with you?"

        He sighed. "I wake up, work, go home."

        I frowned. "Don't tell me you don't have a social life."

        He smirked a little. "Yes I have a social life,  I'm not a complete hermit."

        "Who's your best friend?"

        "I don't have a best friend."

        "That's sad."

        "I know."

        "I'm tired."

        "Go to sleep."

        I looked over at Jaxon again and smiled. He looked over at him briefly, and frowned.

        "What?" I asked him.

        "You're skinny but muscular looking." He said.

        I snorted. "Toned is the word I'd use." I said very humbly.

        "Eh."