20

It's Monday, gag. Like clockwork, Emma woke me up at 5, and I stumbled to the kitchen to make us breakfast, falling asleep after. That was a mistake since I ended up waking up at 6:40. One hour, we'll scratch that, 40 minutes is never enough time for me to get ready. 40 minutes is usually the amount of time it takes for me to shower.

        I scrambled to the shower, 10 minutes later I was throwing on a black tube top, one of Jaxon's plaid shirts, boyfriend ripped jeans, and some black and white Jordan's. We don't ever get dress coded at our school, so I didn't need to worry about that.

        I put my hair in a high messy ponytail and ran to the kitchen

"What time is it?" I asked when I saw Jaxon cutting up strawberries for Emma.

"Uh, 7:26."

"Oh fuck!" I shrieked than immediately clamped a hand over my mouth. "Sorry baby," I said as I walked to Emma and gave her a kiss on her head.

"No bad words mommy." She said through a mouthful of grapes.

"Yeah, sorry sweetie. I'll do better, but I really need to go, I'm late."

"Doesn't Damon pick you up?" Jaxon mumbled.

I paused for a moment. "Well, crap."

Now that I thought about it, I kept hearing a beep coming from outside. I scrambled to get my backpack and water bottle, gotta stay hydrated, yelled bye, and went outside. There he was, one hand out the window and the other heavy on the beeper.

I opened the passenger door and hopped in, slamming the door behind me.

"Go! We're late!"

He slowly turned around to face me and gave me a slow smile.

"I've been out here since 7:00. It's your own fault when we get there late."

I didn't even pay attention as I looked him over. He was wearing a blue champion sweatshirt with a football jersey over it. He was wearing black sweatpants for..pants and black Yeezy's.