22

It was Friday afternoon, and I was at the store buying Emma some new clothes because she had either thrown her other clothes in the trash without me knowing, or Jaxon somehow ended up messing them up in the washer.

        Speaking of my idiotic brother, he was currently trying to sweet talk a cashier into letting him get away with theft. He's practically a pedophile since she looks about 16. Freaking weirdo. Emma was latched onto my leg, making me hike up said leg every time I walked.

         "Mommy that one!" She said pointing to a cute pajama onesie with a pink unicorn on it. I inwardly gagged. I hate pink.

        "How about this one sweetie?" I said, pointing to a black onesie with a random drawing on it.

        "No." She huffed as she unlatched herself from my jean-clad leg and tried to yank her preferred onesie from the hanger.

        "You are so spoiled." I muttered as I grabbed it and shoved it in the cart.

        Having 5 overprotective uncles does that.

        "Scar!" I heard from behind me.

        I turned around and saw one of the said uncles walk toward me.

        I smiled. "Hey Kai."

        Kai was the calmest of the boys. He was the more mature one, and was constantly acting like a parent to the rest of them.

        "What are you doing here?" I asked dumbly, as this was a mall, and he was probably shopping.

        "Ah, uh, well-um IlikethisgirlanditsherbirthdaytomorrowandIwanttogivehersomething."

        I raised my eyebrows. "Repeat."

        "I like this girl and it's her birthday tomorrow and I want to give her something."

        I squealed. "Aw that's so cute! What's her name?"

"Brittany."

I frowned. "Ok her name is Brittany. First off, don't date her she sounds like a bitch. Second, isn't there a girl like that at our school?"

"Shut up. Yes, she has brown hair, freckles, pale skin..."

I suddenly remembered. There was a girl a while ago that had asked Damon to be her gym partner who fit that description. "Ok definitely don't date this Brittany."

He rolled his eyes, then looked behind me and suddenly laughed. "Don't you know how to be a mother? Never take your eye off your kid."

I whirled around and saw Emma was running out of the store. "Shit!"

I handed Kai the cart and ran out of the store. Since this was a mall, there wasn't anywhere she could go quickly and... oh what was I kidding that girl can hide anywhere.

After a couple minutes looking I finally found her on a massage chair, asking some teenager to put money in so she could get 'tickled.' Well, at least my kid is smart.

"Emma!" I exclaimed as I finally reached her.

She looked up at me and grinned, showing off her teeth. "Hi mommy. This is Jack and he said he would give me paper."

I looked at the Jack, and he looked like the average nerdy boy from middle school. "Thanks for talking to her while I got here." I said because I had no idea what else to say.

"No problem." He said as I grabbed Em and ran back to the store where Kai was waiting.

"No more walking for you." I said as I put her in the seat that was attached to the cart. She pouted and crossed her arms. I smiled as I saw her, and even though how she was brought into this world was beyond wrong, I loved her so much.

Kai was still there when I finished fawning over my daughter and stared at me. "Why do you hate Brittany so much?"

I looked at him. "She's a bitch, please, trust me."

"Why do you care?"

I glared at him. "You know full well you are my friend, and I don't want her to break your heart."

"Wow so you don't think I could break her heart?"

I stifled a laugh. "You're too nice, but you better not ever change, you're too cute."

He glared at me, but eventually kissed my forehead. "Don't know why I'm going with this, but I know more than well that girls can be two-faced."

Kai has his past failed relationship I realized. "I just want you to find a good girl for you, and I just don't think she's it for you."

He smiled then looked at Emma who's been trying to get his attention by pulling on his shirt. "Hi Emmy baby." He cooed as he lifted her and put her on his hip.

"I just realized how tall you are." I said as I realized looking into his eyes required me to crane my neck, making it uncomfortable. "How tall are you anyways?"

"6'6."

I gasped. "Holy fu- crap!"

He laughed. "Can't believe you never noticed that."

"I'm not the most observant person you know this."

"Still. Oh, have you talked to Hazel or Olivia?"

I snorted. "You realize they don't ever really talk to me anymore right?"

"Well, I know why they both hate you."

"Well, Hazel likes Damon, but I have no idea why Olivia does."

"Remember when Olivia came out and said she liked you?"

I nodded.

"Well, she's bi, and she likes you and Liam, so seeing you and him flirt all day gets her all riled up."

I whistled through my teeth. "Well dang. How do you know all this?"

"When you listen more than you talk you hear a lot of interesting things S."

I narrowed my eyes. "No need to expose me like that jeez."

He laughed, making Emma laugh too, even though she had no idea why she was laughing. "Tell me I'm wrong though."

"Then I'd be lying." I grumbled.

"Just... be more observant more Scar, and take everyone's feelings into account when you make decisions."

I frowned. How am I supposed to do that?

"Guys! I got a free candy bar and gum!"

"You're gonna catch a case one day." I said as I slapped Jaxon's arm.

He grinned. "Not unless I get caught."

Gag.

a/n: this was some kai time, because he never is really talked about in this book so that's a my bad...