Still Breathing.

"Please don't leave me," I cried as I softly sobbed into Ethan's muscular chest, he pulled me away for a brief second to cup my face in his strong hands. He tilted up my chin to look into his hazy eyes,

"Baby, if there was any other way you know I would stay. This is what I have to do to provide for you and our future family." I choked up when he said family, I still haven't told him I'm pregnant, but the fact that he is already thinking of starting a family makes me tear up.

 "I'll be back in four months; it's only four months, not that long right?" He said softly, as he still gazed down into my eyes.

"Yeah, but then you have no idea what will happen. You could be stationed anywhere around the world." I started to feel the tears coming on again; he pulled me into his warm embrace. Wrapping his arms down around my waist lifting me slightly, my arms wrapped up around his neck.

 "Hey now, don't think about that. I will be back soon, I promise you." He squeezed me firmly, my face squishing against his tear stained shoulder. I was trying to take in the moment, his smell, and his existence. I heard his Military Sergeant call out his boot camp number,

 "That's you; I don't want you to miss your flight." I sniffled away my tears; he leaned down and kissed me passionately, then wrapped me up in his arms again. He lifted me up off the ground and traced circles on my back. He didn't know this but our baby was already showing and was pressing lightly against his abs.

 "I'll call you when I can, write me letters, and I'll Skype you when I get the chance. Don't worry baby, I'll be home in four months. Together Forever." He kissed me one last time; breaking the kiss, his forehead pressed against mine,

 "Together Forever." I whispered to him softly,

"I love you so much, Marie, stay strong." I nodded in reply, tears starting to flood my eyes. I looked up into his now dark blue eyes that were full of tears; he was trying to stay strong and not shed any tears. He gave me one last squeeze before turning, picking up his deep green duffle bag, and walked to join the mob of tall, muscular men that I suppose are his crew. He blew me one last kiss before turning the corner; that was the last I am going to see of him for four months.

            That was four, long months ago; today I'm on my way to the airport to pick up the love of my life,

"Alice, I'm so nervous." I said as I tapped my fingers nervously on the center consul of her car. I wonder if he will be able to tell, is he going to leave me? Will he still love me when I'm fat and nine months pregnant? Millions of thoughts like this were running through my head. I looked over to Alice who had a cheerful look in her eyes as she drove down the highway.

"Don't be nervous, babe. He is going to be ecstatic when he finds out, you got this." She giggled as she reached over and rubbed my knee, I heard the engine come to calm. Not realizing we were at the airport, finally. I slid out of the passenger side of her crystal blue BMW; I looked down to see Ethan's hoodie had ridden up on me, exposing my now almost five month old baby bump. I pulled it down over my black leggings, turning to Alice,

"Can you tell?" I ask placing my hands over my baby,

 "Uhm--" She mumbled as she gleamed down at my belly, placing her hands around it, "--A normal person won't be able to tell, but I know Ethan will be able to." She smiled at me and gave me a wink, then turned away to skip towards the airport. I looked at myself in the car window reflection; I brought my long, curly blonde hair to the front, tousling it lightly. I pulled down my navy blue, Hollister hoodie, and fixed my flats, I'm ready to see Ethan.