seni özlerim

Sanem

“We are so ecstatic to announce the union…”

My mother’s words barely registered. Every atom in my body was attuned to the man walking towards me, his scorching eyes locked on mine. With his hair loose and fitted shirt outlining his massive shoulders and arms, he looked ferocious, half tame, and indescribably gorgeous.  He was vibrating with a wild energy I was sure every female in the room could feel. I flushed from the top of my head to the tips of my toes, my body answering his wordless call. He had me frozen in place, pinned by the savage look in his eyes.

Mine. The word flashed in my mind.

Oh, yes.

I didn't even register when Yiğit took my hand in his clammy one until Can was standing in front of me. He glanced down at our hands, lips twisted and in one furious move my hand was freed and Yigit was physically picked up and relocated. 

“Touch her again and I’ll break you in half.”

I should not be finding this sort of barbaric, uncivilized behavior sexy but my body felt different and I shamelessly reveled in the fierce look he gave me. I trembled, rooted to the floor unable to move, vaguely aware of my mother’s shrill voice and Yigit’s outraged tones. He cupped my face and crushed his lips to mine for a searing second.

Mine

My knees almost gave out but before I could melt at his feet like a human puddle, he effortlessly lifted my unresisting body and slung me over his shoulder. The crowd parted like the red sea and he tramped through it like a plundering barbarian.

****
Once outside in the parking lot, he set me down gently against the side of a truck, his arms caging me in, he leaned in and kissed me as if he were a man starved for air and I was the only oxygen available. I looped my arms around his neck and kissed him back with a similar ferocity. Our tongues tangled in a delicious duel that had me moaning into his mouth. He opened the door of the vehicle with one hand, tore his mouth from mine and deposited me inside it in one smooth move. I was trying to work up some indignation at being manhandled like this when he got in on the driver's side but then he leaned over to help me with the seatbelt, I looked up and our eyes met. I grabbed his head and pressed my lips to his again, his hands tangled in my hair, we kissed wildly, too hard and too fast for pleasure. It was a kiss of hunger too long denied. He ended up almost dragging me across the center console and into his lap. He made a wordless growl against my mouth before reluctantly pulling away and buckling me in. He drove in silence, his jaw clenching, his hands flexing on the steering wheel. The air fairly crackled with his wrath and sexual tension.

"New truck?" I asked not knowing what else to say. He was here and my head was spinning. 

"You didn't like the bike," he said tersely.

“Are you angry with me?” I asked in disbelief.

“What were you about to do?”

I looked at him blankly. He ground his teeth and growled the words at me again. “When I walked in. Please tell me your mother wasn't about to say what I think she was going to say.”

And suddenly all the weeks of pain and heartache, of uncertainty and worry crashed down on me and I felt my temper rise to meet his.

“What do you care?” I shot back.

“What the hell, Sanem!”

“You left, remember?” I retorted. 

“You were getting engaged? Is that what that was? An engagement party?”