aşkımızın adı

Sanem

Everyone froze. Polen stared at me incredulously and my mother's face turned purple with rage. I caught Leyla's eye and she began to surreptitiously remove people from the vicinity.

"Impossible. You're engaged to me," Yigit exclaimed shrilly. Idiot man. He was like a clueless mouse taunting a very large and angry cat.

Can let out a tight breath behind me, his body tense. "Go. Away." He growled and Yigit paled. "We'll talk about this when you're in a more reasonable mood," he said to me pretending Can hadn't spoken.

Can looked at me imploringly and I almost laughed. The slightest gesture from me and I knew that Yiğit's nose would never look the same. I pressed a quick kiss to his clenched jaw. He relaxed slightly and wrapped his arms around me uncaring about the hostile and disgusted looks we were getting from our audience.

"Do you have a death wish? Leave." I said to Yiğit. He didn't leave but like a coward, he hid behind my mother. She finally recovered from her astonishment and turned on me.

"Why do you insist on throwing yourself away on gutter trash? Can't you see he's only after one thing? Stupid, stupid girl." She took a deep breath. "Please tell me you made him sign a prenup?"

Gutter trash? Anger threatened to choke me. Any doubts I had about completely tearing her out of my life died a swift death. She was going down.

"That's enough," Can bit out and took my hand. He tried to draw me away but I shook my head slightly, I wanted to see how far she would go this time. "This can be fixed quickly and quietly with no one the wiser. I've only allowed you to run loose because I thought you were sowing wild oats and would soon come to your senses. But you've taken it too far. You will remember who you are, where you come from and what you owe the family and the Aydin name. Or I will make you regret it."

I faced her head-on. "You're delusional," I said in a low harsh voice. "I'm going to tell you what's going to happen. You will leave now and take your minions with you. You'll come to my office tomorrow morning and I'll outline exactly what I expect from you from now on. Unless you want to have it out here right now which is fine with me. There are several reporters in attendance and who would love to be the ones to break this story, " I said in a cold calm voice, but inside I was quaking with anger, pain, and disappointment. I don't know why I expected anything different from her. Her face drained of color and she looked around nervously for a moment. Her Achilles heel was scandal. Her biggest fear was losing her social standing and I was banking on it. I shrugged nonchalantly and said, "if you don't show up then I'll act accordingly."

"Who do you think you are threatening me?" She hissed, her eyes burning with hate. 

"You have no idea who I am," I said quietly. "Also, my name is no longer Aydin. It's Divit. Please remember for future reference."

"I think you are forgetting who you're dealing with," she told me giving both of us a scathing look. "This is not over," she announced before she turned and left followed by her loyal companion.

"Married. I simply can't believe it. She doesn't seem at all your type." Polen drawled in a nasty voice looking at me like I was an interesting specimen or a puzzle she was trying to figure out. "I was hoping we could talk." She murmured to Can moving closer.

"Polen, it's over. It has been over for a long time," Can said.

Her mouth opened and closed. "I'll see you later," she finally said and it sounded like a question. I almost laughed at the look of disbelief on her face. She had probably never been turned down before in her life.

"No, you won't. Take the hint. He is taken," I said acidly. I was so done with her eye fucking my husband. I grabbed Can's hand and dragged him away. I felt his growing amusement as he let himself be angrily tugged by the hand, but he wisely kept his mouth shut. I said goodbye to a few people. Leyla promised to take over for me and we left.