05; The One Where Lisa Finds Someone

Lisa was in her office, sitting alone and waiting for the new producer to arrive

Lisa was in her office, sitting alone and waiting for the new producer to arrive. It was about one in the morning and she was on her fourth cup of coffee. While she knew that drinking that much coffee was bad for her, she'd rather have that than anything else that could get her full with energy, like booze.

She had patiently waited for a knock on her door, and was glad when she heard one. She set down her mug and cleared her throat, saying, "Come in!"

The door opened to reveal a person who worked in the building, someone who usually fulfilled smaller duties for Dom. "Mr. Knell is here, Ms. Bing."

"Alright, send him in," Lisa said, smiling at the lady who smiled back before leaving.

In a minute or two, George Knell walked in, and Lisa almost let her jaw drop.

Her heart seemed to clench upon seeing the pretty face in front of her and her throat had suddenly gotten dry.

This guy is famous, he's good looking, and he is in MY office, she thought, screaming internally.

Lisa stood up, wiping her sweaty hands onto her dress skirt and holding her hand outwards to him with the most normal-looking smile she could muster up.

He also smiled back at her, taking her hand in his and giving it a firm shake before they both let go and sat down, him sitting right in front of her.

"Hey, it's so good to finally see you," Lisa said, grinning.

"Yeah, I know, it's so good to finally meet you, I mean, Dom was saying how great you are at producing music," George said, the smile never leaving his face.

"Really?" Lisa rose a brow.

"Yeah, he said, and I quote," he held up his fingers to quote the girl's boss, "'she'll make the process so much more faster.'"

Lisa just laughed and said, "Well, I sure hope so."

"Me too," he sighed. "Well, lucky thing is, we've got about two weeks extra, so total of three weeks, to work on this."

Lisa nodded as she pulled up a couple of files and placed them on the table.

"Better start now than later, am I right?"

"Of course," he chuckled. "Lead the way, ma'am."

▪▪▪

The group were all in, surprise, surprise, Central Perk Café. Lisa was dozing off, her head resting on the nearest shoulder, which was Joey's.

She had pulled an all nighter with George Knell, something she still couldn't believe happened. It was just his charm, his good sense of humor and the way he made her feel welcome, though she was still new to working for bigger companies.

He had even said that she was one of the reasons why he was even staying up all night. Lisa had to admit, he made her feel excited.

The rest were chatting about how women can reach into their shirts and remove their bras.