14; The One With The Ex-Boyfriend Bonfire

The girl remained nervous as she stood at the airport, the balls of her feet slipping in and out of her frayed yet comfortable shoes as she tried to stay as calm as possible

The girl remained nervous as she stood at the airport, the balls of her feet slipping in and out of her frayed yet comfortable shoes as she tried to stay as calm as possible. She had been waiting at the airport for thirty minutes and the time was coming close to one hour. And through the crowd, Lisa could make out George's messy head of hair and a grin settled on his face as the boy saw her and Lisa smiled back at him.

Once he reached her, he immediately pulled her into a hug, his arms going around her shoulders as hers went around his waist. Once they pulled away, Lisa smiled. "Hey, how are you?"

"Tired," he replied with a chuckle. 

"C'mon then," Lisa told him before beckoning him to follow her. They made their way to the subway, waiting there in silence. What do you talk about in these situations? Lisa was completely blank, and considered jumping off a cliff at that point. The hustle and bustle of the New York subway was the only sound around and between the two, who got on the train as soon as it arrived.

George played with his bag's strap, glancing at Lisa, who was biting the inside of her cheek. There were no words exchanged by the two, yet they knew what the other felt. George wanted to say something even if it was extremely stupid, or absurd, but as much as he desperately wanted to, he couldn't. She preferred the silence was what he thought to himself as they stepped off the subway, making their way outside.

They reached her apartment pretty quickly, and Lisa handed him a spare key and showed him to his room, which was the guest room. As he looked around, he realized nothing had changed; the alcohol cabinet was still stocked, neither the furniture nor the decor had changed or moved. George was sure that if he opened the fridge, everything would be stocked the exact same way it was before.

As he placed his bag on the bed, he turned around to find Lisa leaning against the doorway, her arms crossed. "Thanks for letting me stay here," he told her. 

She nodded, pursing her lips. "Don't mention it. You wanna eat something? A drink, perhaps?"

He waved a hand, shaking his head. "No, I'm good. I think I'll just be going to bed."

Lisa glanced at the clock and then back at him. "I'll be at Central Perk if you need me."

"Okay," he smiled, nodding. "I'll catch up with you and the others later."

Lisa nodded, turning around and closing the door. "Later!"

▪▪▪

Lisa continued to argue with Phoebe as they sat amongst their friends—except Ross, who was too busy talking to a pretty lady from his building at the counter. Lisa just found out that Phoebe agreed to Roger to take her out tomorrow night, which left her shocked because the guy was creepy and mean, not just to Phoebe's friends but also to her, which was not right. Lisa crossed her arms and leaned back onto the couch. "You can not do this."