07; The One With The Blackout

Lisa groaned frustratedly as the lights went out and the music stopped, the systems shutting down

Lisa groaned frustratedly as the lights went out and the music stopped, the systems shutting down. "Oh, what in the name of God..."

"It's all right, they'll be back in a minute," George told her, setting down his headphones.

A minute. Two minutes.

No light.

Lisa sighed loudly. "I guess we gotta go back home."

"I guess, yeah," George said and fished out a torchlight from a drawer and flickered it on.

"Where did you find that?" Lisa questioned as he shone the light in between both of them so they could see each other.

"Haynsworth keeps it for emergencies."

"Like a serial killer following him?" Lisa questioned, sarcasm dripping from her words.

George laughed. "Who knows? Hey, how are you getting home?"

"I don't know, I'll walk, I guess."

"No, you're house is far from here," George shook his head. "I'll drop you off."

"Oh, no—"

"C'mon, I insist."

▪▪▪

The pair got out of the car and Lisa looked at George gratefully. "Thanks," she smiled.

"No problem," he smiled back before moving to get in the car, but Lisa stopped him.

"You wanna join me and my friends upstairs?" she offered and he thought about it.

"Only if it won't be an inconvenience for you guys—"

"Oh, please, they love you anyways, especially my friend Monica," Lisa chuckled. "She might even pass out."

George just shook his head and followed her into the building and up the stairs. As they stood in front of Monica's and Rachel's apartment, Lisa went to grab the door handle, but was stopped.

"Shouldn't we knock?" George whispered.

Lisa laughed a little. "The door's always open, my friend."

With that said, she opened the door and walked in, and Monica, Pheobe, Rachel and Ross surrounded her.

"Where were you?!"

"Are you out of mind? Did you walk here?!"

"Guys!" She yelled, immediately shutting them up. "I'm fine. Besides, I have a guest."

Everyone looked behind her to see George Knell, smiling nervously.

Monica stumbled a little, but Lisa held her. The rest of them just gaped at him.

"Uh, hi?"

Lisa snorted. "Three, two, o—"

They all leaped up, screaming and hugging him. "Oh, my God!"