Special Chapter: RED

"There's a new student." I heard one say. Nagtaka namam ako sa topic nila. Wala na naman kasing bago sa mga new students? It's the first day of classes, there will obviously be new students.

Napatingin ako sa mga nag-uusap. I noticed they were looking by the window. Because of curiosity, I looked, too. There, I saw a Phoenix flying around the Academy. My eyes squinted in the sight of a girl in her jumpers, riding on the back of the Phoenix.

I didn't know Phoenix let themselves do that. Maybe that's the reason why that new student became the talk of the Academy.

Mas lalo naman akong lumapit sa bintana, at pinagmasdan nang mabuti ang babae. She had lustrous jet black hair, and her eyes... I'm not sure if it was yellow or gold. I never saw eyes alike to her.

No... I actually think I did. I brushed that though off. It's impossible, I'm sure I haven't seen that eyes ever since.

But who was I kidding?

I couldn't help but stare at her in the Jupiter Hall. This was an orientation especially for freshmen. Halos hindi ako makahinga nang magtagpo ang mga mata namin. Dahil sa biglang bugso ng nararamdaman ko, saglit na naging pula ang mata ko nang hindi ko sinasadya. I was so caught off with her golden eyes.

Thankfully, a man covered the sight of her from me. Napahinga ako nang maluwag, ngunit malakas paring tumibok ang puso ko. I felt it clenching with an unknown emotion. It could be possible that the girl was part of my past life. I've been seeing hints and visions of my memories back then.

After the orientation, they are going to have a tour. Hindi naman ako freshman, pero sumama ako para lang sa babaeng 'yon. I heard her name was Eris, and that her power was touch of death.

Nagmuni-muni siya. I watched her as she looked up the sky. The corners of my lips unconsciously lifted the moment she smiled, but then it faded when her smile turned to a sad one. Tinanggal niya ang gloves niya, at tumingin sa kamay niya.

She must pity herself because she can't hold everything beautiful. Napahawak naman ako sa ulo ko nang makarinig ako ng growl ng dragon.

Draco.

My hands burned and a seething pain crawled up to my neck.

"The Forbidden child."

"Death."

The dragon said in my head. My forehead formed a crease. I gulped and realized that the dragon was calling on to Eris.

"Eris," tawag ko sa kaniya. "The dragon is calling you."

Napaluhod ako. I... roared in the sight of her in my visions. This just confirmed me that she's part of my past life— or she's part of this dragon's memory.

Tumayo ako, at tiningnan siya. Hindi ko maiwasan na mamangha sa kaniya. "Eris," sabay naming banggit ng dragon.

Then in the language of dragons, I unconsciously muttered. "Finally, we meet again, Sinclair. I have been waiting for you."

Sinclair?

Ah, yes, Sinclair. I remember her.

Hindi ako mapakali nang marinig ko ang balitang may babae na raw sa mundo namin. We were all boys, Alpha, Seraphin, Lucifer and me. At ngayon ay may dinalang babae si Lucifer sa'min.

Dahil sa kuryosidad ay sinundan ko si Lucifer, I saw him talking with the girl pero mukhang hindi sila ganoong magkasundo. I heard her name was Sinclair, and that she was a demon. The opposite of Lucifer.

Napansin kong nakadamit na itim si Sinclair, na kakulay naman ng kaniyang itim na buhok. Her eyes were of a golden color, at kahit demonyo siya ay mala-anghel ang kaniyang mukha. Or maybe this was the features of a lady?