Chapter 12

The time had come for them to set sail and Ailbe hated it to say the least

The swaying of the boat made her sick and her head pounded from lack of rest. Salt clung to her hair and dried out her lips, her face pale and weary.

She felt like they'd been sailing for an eternity, endlessly making her yearn for the tender embrace of land. She couldn't eat or sleep or even stand due to her rather weak sea legs.

Ivar sympathized. He recalled his first time sailing - with his father to England - and how he hated it. But in time he became used to the sea and its ways and he knew that she would be much the same.

"Are we nearly there yet?" She whined from the back of the boat turning her head back to the water. "I'd rather enjoy The Kraken about now." She mumbled quietly.

"Aren't you supposed to be the cheerful one, princess?" Ivar asked amused.

Despite being able to see, her glare was rather menacing. "That's on land." She grumbled. "This is different. I think I'm dying."

"You're not dying."

"Are you sure?" She persisted. "It feels like I am."

"You're just seasick." He laughed at her. "It'll pass."

At this she faked offence, clutching her heart dramatically. "I am not seasick!" She answered stubbornly. "Celts don't get seasick."

"In that case, princess, you might not be a Celt." He chuckled as she leaned back over the edge of the boat to throw up in the ocean. "Besides, I have a feeling you're not like the rest of these people."

"What on earth gives you that idea?" She sighed deliriously, leaning against the back of the boat.

"Well, for one, none of them are seasick." He answered smugly.

But Ailbe felt far too weak and tired to argue this time and simply settled for tossing the empty bottle of water that Hvitserk had given her at him. Of course, she missed by quite a bit.

Ivar took furs from beside him, gently laying them over her when he noticed that she was beginning to finally fall asleep. He sighed a little, his eyes never leaving her for fear that even on this boat they may lose sight of her.

Ailbe hadn't quite reached the depths of sleep when she felt the warm furs embrace her, and smiled into them gently. She knew who it was, who else would it be? Silently, some unspoken rule between the pair had begun. She would look after him, and he would look after her. Always.

Wooooooooo we're going to Englanddddd
I wonder what will happen while they're there ;))

-Rhi