Ghost of the Past

You flew over the building of Gotham while you listened to the chatter on the coms. Booster and Tim were arguing about what the best slasher film was while you could hear Steph talking to Cassandra. You imagined Cassandra was nodding or shaking her head. It has been a week since you beat Bruce and the streets of Gotham had calmed down a bit.

There was always some small petty crime to stop and word had finally gotten around that there was yet another Bat floating around Gotham. Batboy had caught on but Booster still called you Batman as well as Jason and Tim. You hated Batboy but you couldn't really do anything about it. You earned the Batman title damnit! Even Batman agreed but he still called you Batboy.

The only other name you would take was the one Azral had given you shortly after the fight.
------
You had just gotten done with taking a shower and was now heading to the kitchen for some food. As you walked along you ended up bumping into Azral who was not wearing his helmet.

Y/N: Sorry. Didn't see you there.

Azral gave you a smile.

Azral: No problem. Congratulations on the victory.

Y/N: Thanks. It wasn't easy.

Azral: It never is. I used to this it was impossible at one time. You did well demon.

You stopped walking and turned around.

Y/N: What'd you call me?

Azral bowed his head.

Azral: Apologies. I was simply calling you that since you reminded me of a old legend. One of a powerful demon who won his battles simply through sheer will power.

Y/N: Ha. So am I a Bat or a Demon?

Azral gave it a thought.

Azral: Why not both? Batdemon.
-----------
You ran the name through your name once more. You hated the Demon title you had been given since birth. Why not turn it into something empowering? Plus Batboy was lame as hell. Batdemon wasn't much better but it was an improvement.

You happened to look over to see something fly across the sky. You used the zoom setting on your helmet and saw a crown.

Y/N: The hell?

You decided to investigate and changed direction to fly toward the building. As you approached the location, you sent out a message to the others and landed on a nearby rooftop. You peeked over and saw a group of people you immediately recognized.

 You peeked over and saw a group of people you immediately recognized

You knew they weren't the same ones as the ones you had faced before. They were the OG gang. You were almost impressed by their stupid costumes. Definitely fit better. Regardless you knew not to take them as a joke. Even if they looked like a joke.

Y/N: Looks like they're breaking in.

Booster: Cool. Let's go stop them.

You jumped at his voice and grabbed your chest in surpise.