A Date? Maybe? I Dunno

You began to take off your suit after a very long and boring patrol. It was only around 8 so you ended up with the rest of the night to yourself. Once again every one was busy with something. You yawned as you walked up the steps to the Manor. Oddly enough you heard Alfred talking to someone in the kitchen so you decided to check it out only to find him talking to Helena.

Alfred: Ah, Master Y/N. Welcome back from patrol.

Helena gave a shy wave while looking at the island. You waved back.

Y/N: Howdy. What's going on here?

Alfred: Ms. Bertinelli has come to ask you to....

Helena: Hang out! To go, hang out. If you're not busy.

You smirked.

Y/N: Is the mafia princess asking me out on a date?

Helena blushed either from embarrassment or anger.

Helena: IT'S NOT A DATE!

You began to laugh as Helena calmed down.

Y/N: Yeah I'm free. Let me go take a shower and change. Be down in 15.
---------
Here we are, the Huntress and the Batm-eh Beyond. Walking down the streets of Gotham to a diner. The two of you made idle chitchat before taking a seat at a booth.

Helena: So, you go to school?

You shook your head.

Y/N: Use to. Not since, you know.

She nodded while pushing her lips out. She was trying to think of something before you decided to ask a few questions of your own.

Y/N: Do you, work a lot like the other night?

Her cheeks grew bright red. She had almost forgot that you had seen some of her, assists.

Helena: It was only topless. And I didn't show anything.

You felt slightly relieved but still a bit angry.

Y/N: And why was it you? Why not anyone else?

Helena: Would you have preferred someone else?

Y/N: I'd preferred none of you having to work the pole.

Helena: It was for Intel.

Y/N: You give anyone a dance?

Helena: Why do you care?

Y/N: Because I don't want you doing that kind of stuff.

Helena: You're not my boyfriend!

Waitress: I'll just come back.

The two of you snapped your heads to the young waitress standing there awkwardly before she ran off to the back. You both looked at each other before laughing.

Y/N: I'm sorry.

Helena: Me to.

Neither of you needed to say what for. It was just, unspoken.

Helena: So, if it's not too personal, are you an orphan like the other brats?

You nodded.

Y/N: Something like that. My mom she was, I was apart of the League of Shadows. My last name is al Ghul.

Helena's eyes grew wide.

Y/N: Ra's killed my mom in front of me before the Justice League of my time came. Bruce took me in and I became Batman after I stole the suit to kill my father. Bruce stopped me but Ra's fell into a pit of acid which killed him. Bruce adopted me and I took the mantle for good.

Helena looked at you with sadness in her eyes. You barely noticed the stray tear falling down your cheek. She placed a hand on yours for comfort.

Helena: I completely understand. My family was killed in front of me when I was only 6. I trained everyday since. I was welcomed into this amazing family only to be kicked out due to my own ruthlessness. My anger had consumed me as well.

You looked up to her and smiled softly.

Waitress: I'll just, come back after y'all figure your stuff out. M'kay?

The waitress left once again leaving you and Helena to laugh with each other. You leaned back and waited for the waitress to return and placed your orders.

Y/N: We really are a bunch of, weird ones.

Helena: Misfits till the end.

Y/N: No true place on the world.

Helena: Excpet for with each other.

You both looked at each other and you smiled.

Y/N: So, is this a date?

Helena looked back at the table.

Helena: How are you so good at saying stuff like that with a straight face?

Y/N: Oh truth be told I'm terrified. When I was with the titans I had to pull every single move Dick taught me on my date with this girl name Lilith. Nice date until I was beaten to unconsciousness by a jealous Amazon.

Helena: Yeah what was up with that?

You sighed.

Y/N: I was too stupid to realize her feelings. After everything was said and done I couldn't even see her. Had orders not to.

Helena: You don't really follow orders too well.

Y/N: I was scared to. I had hurt her and caused so much trouble. I didn't deserve to see her.

Helena: Cassie is a very guarded with her emotions. She probably did hide them from you.

You looked at her with a raised brow.

Y/N: You know her?

Helena: Yeah. You tend to get to know people in this line of work.

You smiled before gaining a serious face.

Y/N: You never answered my question.

Helena blushed again while looking away.

Helena: I mean, I wasn't intending this for a date but, if you want it to be I wouldn't be against it.

She was kind of cute like this. Sure she had a rough exterior and was probably the most terrifying woman you had even known but she was very new to this kind of stuff. Awkward about anything that wasn't about fighting or late night activities.

Y/N: Well I guess it's settled then. Our first date.

She looked at you wide eyed.

Helena: First date?

You suddenly caught what you said.

Y/N: Uh, yeah. First date. If it goes good maybe we can go on a second one?

Helena: Then a third?

Y/N: And fourth.

Helena: And fifth.

You both smiled with a light blush.

Helena: Is this your way of asking me to be your girlfriend?

You nodded.

Y/N: I guess so.

Helena: Are you ok with dating a older woman?

She was smirking. Teasing.

Y/N: I think I can handle it.

The waitress came back with your milkshakes and left to grab your food.

Y/N: To our new relationship?

Helena: Cheers.

You both clanked your drinks and took a drink.

Y/N: You're not going to strip any more are you?

Helena: Only did it cause Barb was busy.

Y/N: Ah.

You took another drink before choking.

Y/N: Who?!