16- more allies

___________________ARIA'S POV- Present Day -

___________________
ARIA'S POV
- Present Day -

I wake up to the feeling of arms around my waist protectively as my head rests on the sand.

I don't dare to move from the position for a few moments, not knowing what to do and still feeling groggy. I notice Katniss and Peeta who are wide awake and sitting up a few metres away. When the 3 of us make eye contact I can see Peeta and Katniss both chuckling at my predicament. Even in the arena we somehow find something to laugh about.

After awhile I finally have the courage to peek over my shoulder and catch a glance at who holds me to them. It's no surprise when I see those knowing bronze curls. But it also causes blood to rush to my face as I look to the sand in slight embarrassment.

I tilt my head up to Katniss, mouthing 'help me', without trying to laugh. I need her to come to my assistance because there is no way I'm getting out of this alone; not that I really want to move from this position as I feel safe in Finnick's arms.

She gets up, walking her way over to me quietly. I watch her as she approaches and then cautiously tries to pry open Finnick's hands from my waist. It takes a few tries, but finally I feel the warmth fall from my stomach. I can't help but blush again when I stand and look down at him.

"Thanks," I whisper, watching Finnick as he continues to sleep. I then turn my eyes to the Cornucopia and study it carefully.

"Aria," someone says so quietly that I almost missed it.

I turn my eyes to Peeta who I thought it came from, but he shakes his head indicating he didn't say anything and points to Finnick. I look at Katniss who is staring at Finnick, her eyes concentrated on him.

"Aria," the voice says again.

My head snaps to the voice and it falls on Finnick. I watch him closely as he remains on the sand and says my name for the third time. Katniss and I look to each other, but it doesn't look like she's surprised at Finnick saying my name in his sleep.

"When the fog stopped and he realised you weren't there he called for you before blacking out. Peeta and I gained consciousness before him and he'd say your name over and over as he was knocked out. It surprised me the first time too," she informs me quietly.

The look in Katniss' eye is interesting whilst she studies Finnick. It's as if she's beginning to gain trust in him after all.

"We better wake him," I say. My heart aches hearing him call my name so I find it vital that I wake him right now or I won't be able to function. I begin to approach him.