Chapter Eleven

Ashton

Sleeping around is not my hobby. But waking up beside a chick after a night of no sex is something I'm not used to. When I was dating Sam, sleeping together consisted of four to five rounds of shagging. We didn't go to bed just to sleep or talk. That's a form of attachment and I'm not the type of guy you call for that.

But last night was a different story. I guess when it comes to Harper Silva, things do a three sixty.

And Jesus Holy Christ, being with Harper without getting the chance to touch her is complete and utter torture. Her body is both a gift from the gods and an invitation to hell from Satan. My dick wanted to explode and it took every will in me to stop myself from doing something stupid. I want to prove to her that I'm not an asshole who takes advantage of the situation. In some way, I want her to trust me.

It's five a.m. and Harper is still sound asleep. I stare at her closely and notice her naturally long eyelashes that other chicks would die for. Sam used to put fake eyelashes which creeped me out. If you think chicks are not complex species, you have to see them put glue on their fucking eyelids.

I reach for my phone on the bedside table and find ten text messages from Alex asking where I am, five messages from Chris telling me Alex was looking for me, and three more texts from Sam asking me to meet up. There's also one from Adrian reminding me to go fucking home. I click on one of Alex's messages and quickly type a reply.

Me: Am with a friend. Text me when Jackson's gone.

Because we run together every morning, Alex is already awake.

Him: Which friend? I went to Chris's last night. You're not there.

I glance at Harper who unconsciously rests a hand on my chest. Being close with my brothers, especially Alex, I want to tell them about her and how. But she's got enough shit to deal with to even deal with mine.

Me: I'll tell you real soon. Is Jackson still there?

He replies instantly.

Him: I think he's 'bout to leave. Heard the car engine start.

I take that as good news. I type another reply, telling him to bring me some clothes and to meet me at school in an hour. It's time for me to use our Easton's clubhouse for good.

"Hey," Harper greets me, her eyes still half-closed. "You're awake pretty early."

"I usually do to take a short run," I tell her, fascinated at how hot she looks with her just-got-out-of-bed hair. If that's how she looks like after a night of good sleep, how much more after three to four rounds of sex? "Did I wake you up?"

"No. I think it's my tummy that woke me up," She says as she puts a hand over her stomach. "I'm starving. What time is it?"

I look at the clock as she attempts to fix her hair. "It's six in the morning."

"Shoot. There's nowhere I can go to at this hour to eat." A frown forms across her face. What Harper doesn't know is I have an idea.

"I know a place we can go. There's a clubhouse in Easton and it's open 24/7."

She shakes her head. "You know I cannot go there, Ashton. I'm not even a member."

"But I am. Members are allowed to bring other people. As long as you're with me, you can go there any time you want," I assure her.