Chapter Twenty Six

Ashton

"Dude, what do you think I should tell her?" Chris asks me. We're in his bedroom, which has been a witness to his countless sex escapades. Well, his entire apartment has been an unwilling witness.

Chris is trying to send Judy a message before our dinner hangout at the clubhouse later. She has cock-blocked him several times, noting that she's busy.

Judy is surely taking notes from Harper Silva's book.

It's funny to think that I was like him when Harper's still cock-blocking me.

"Why do you care so much?" I retort. "It's not like you still don't have sex with chicks. You even brought home three last night."

"It's not that I care. I just want to see her lust for me," he tries to explain. "And last night was a bore. I think something's wrong with how my dick functions."

"You know, I was like you a month ago," I comment and laugh.

"Hey, I don't like Judy," he cuts me. "I just like to try and have sex with her. Those are two different things."

"Oh-kaaaaay," I say, leaving him in his bedroom."

"Where are you going?"

"I'll get a beer."

"Okay. Get me one, too."

I fish my phone out from my pocket and call Harper. She answers after two rings.

"Hey babe," I start. "I think my buddy is going crazy over your friend."

Harper chuckles and gives out a loud "Tsk, tsk, tsk."

"Let me break his heart even more. Judy's not thinking about him, but yeah, she's excited for tonight."

Her voice really soothes me. I smile.

"How about you? Are you excited?"

"Yeah, I know you've been so stressed lately and that you miss Alex. I just want you to forget all your worries tonight and have fun while you eat my steak."

"Can I also eat you?" I flirt.

"Save the best for last," she teases, her voice sounding sexier than usual. "We'll get going. We'll see you at the clubhouse in an hour. Please don't be late. I hate waiting at the lobby."

"Yes, Ma'am! I love you."

She chuckles and say, "Such a cheese. I love you, too."

I find myself smiling from ear-to-ear while opening my beer can. Harper has constantly made me laugh and smile that I already lost count.

"Things are getting serious, huh?" Chris suddenly appears from nowhere.

I nod, because yeah, things are getting serious and I am happy.

"When will you tell her?"

I know what Chris meant. As my birthday draws near, the possibility of Jackson Price ruining our relationship is getting clearer and more inevitable.

Because I'm a coward, I shrug.

"If you're really serious with her, you should tell her one of these days. Harper seems the type who understands."

"I know" which is all I can say.

"What will you do once your dad finds out?"

I shake my head.

"Dude, I'm sorry. I know how everything's complicated. But you'll figure this our soon."

Hopefully.

*

Harper

My steak has been a knockout, and so are my mashed potato and sautéed beans.

But that's not only it. the cherry on top is Ashton's comment.

He pulls me to his lap and whispers, "I have a girlfriend who's beautiful, hot, smart, feisty and knows how to cook. How lucky can I get?"

I learn many things because of my mom. She told me once that I should know how to do things like cooking and doing laundry, just in case I'll be off on my own and no one's going to be there to do them for me. I still feel that it's premonition.

We are now feasting on the cheese-flavored ice cream Chris has brought for everyone. I take a small bite and give Ashton a peck on the cheek.

"You really are one lucky dude," I tell him.

"God, you two are infuriatingly adorable," Kat comments. She's at the counter, getting another scoop of ice cream.

"Right?" Judy adds. "They're like the less hotter version of Ryan Reynolds and his wife."

"You know what, his wife has a name," I say.

"I know, but I refuse to call by her name because the lucky bitch is shagging Ryan Reynolds every night."

"So Ryan Reynolds is your kink, Jude?" Chris starts flirting with Judy again. He takes off his shirt in one swift move and shifts his beanbag so he's facing her.

"Yeah, nice abs but we still can't have sex tonight."

"Owwwwww!" Ashton, Alex, Kat and I scream unison.

"You know what, baby, you're wounding my ego," Chris tells Judy. He puts a hand over his chest and acts as if he's hurt.

If these two date, we're going to have a field day.

The rest of the night has passed by quickly that we haven't noticed the time. At 2:00 A.M., we transfer to our assigned bedrooms.

Ashton and I occupy the biggest room, well, since he's the one who rented the suite. Judy and Kat take the room across ours, while Alex and Chris take the room with the jacuzzi.

When we finally get our alone time, Ashton hugs me from behind and hums, "I mean what I said earlier—that I'm lucky to have you. Sorry, it took me this long to notice. I'll make up for the lost time."

He can be cheesy if given the chance, but this is on a whole lot of different level of cheesiness.

"Because you're so caught up with your little bubble, Ashton Price," I respond, while running circles on the back of his hand. "You had a hot girlfriend; you have everything you need—money, good education, friends, brothers. They kind of make up for your shitty dad. And I wasn't even part of that bubble, initially."

He takes my hand into his as he kisses me on the temple.

"But I like my bubble better, now that you're here," he says. "I kind of wish we had this—" He motions his hand and continues, "—longer and not feel like we're on a rush."

His last words strike a chord. What does he mean by that?

But I decide not to let him elaborate. Tonight has been good. I don't want to ruin it.

I turn to face him and plant a kiss on his cheek.

"We have a hell lot of time behind us, Ashton," I assure him.

But why do I feel uncertainty behind my words? Will there come a time that I will have to leave him behind?

Ashton slightly nods and wastes no time to kiss me. He sucks on my lips as his tongue pushes down my throat.

"Ashton—" I say while I gasp for air.

He removes my shirt and unclasps my bra. His hands cup my breasts as his tongue makes wonders on my nipples.

He looks up to me momentarily and says, "I love you, Harper Silva. Remember that."

I close my eyes and let myself drown from his kisses.