chapter 4

Her hands shook on the steering wheel of the ship. She could have killed him. She wanted to kill him during the heat of the moment. But standing there feeling his life slip from him she realised.

She will not kill someone. Even if she hated him- hated what he did to his father.

She marvelled at her thoughts. Seriously, he killed someone who loved him, loved him so much that when death was upon their door step they placed a hand on his cheek as if to say they forgive him.

He was despicable. She wanted to let him live with what he had done.

But she felt light in him. Even after he killed his own father, even just seeing it through there force bond. Being able to talk to him without any walls up... most of the time. She felt it, still there deep within his heart.

She vowed to be the one to bring him home. To bring Ben solo home.

She knew he would flip. She was certain. After seeing the vision of him and herself together at the resistance base. Yet, he was certain that Rey would flip towards the dark side.

She wouldn't flip. She wouldn't let him have the satisfaction of her betrayal to the light side. She would never leave her family, the people that finally after years gave her a home and the sense of love and pride.

Searching through the force she felt him feeling conflicted. Her final phrase replaying in his mind. Then like a sudden shock, she heard him.

Stop that!

She gasped and knew that, that wasn't there bond. She could hear him through the force, yet she couldn't see him.

She tried to talk back but she felt a sudden wall slide up restricting her access into his mind.

Fine.. If he was going to be like that. She felt her own mind set a wall up restricting him if he ever felt like trying to connect.

After a couple of hours of cruising through the galaxy, she came across her final destination. Ahch-To.

Landing on the rolling hills of Ahch-To, she prepared herself and gathered her things.

She dropped her things in a nearby Hut and went to go and find him. She knew he would be there before she turned the corner. He sat there, meditating on a rock like he did so many moons ago. It felt like years since she had last seen him yet, it had only been months since she finished training with Luke skywalker.

"young Rey" he spoke softly not turning to look at her. She walked up behind him and stood there waiting for him to turn. He smiled at the horizon before turning to face Rey.

"hello master" she said bowing her head.

"I sense that you have come here on Leia's orders" he said with calm eyes.

"yes, I am to make a new saber out of the kyber crystal I just collected a few hours ago" Rey said back feeling him sense her thoughts.

"I suggest you leave for the Jedi temple in the morning" he said with a breath.

"for now, get some rest. I can sense you put up a good fight today" he said moving past her

She was left to look at the now setting sun as Luke stalked back to the huts. How did he know about the fight with his nephew, Kylo?

She remained puzzled the whole night not being able to sleep. Her mind constantly drifted to the look on his face when she stabbed him. Pure fear.

She couldn't close her eyes for long as the nightmares showed up again. Forcing her eyes open all night and all early morning, finally finding it a sensible time to leave.

Grabbing her staff and the crystal, she set out in the pale morning light. Trudging through the hills of Ahch-To she felt at peace, The knee length grass brushing along her legs. As the sun rose over the hills, the chill in the air dissipated and she could sense she was coming near.

Rising over one of the tallest hills she had to climb that day, she noticed a large pool of water sitting at the bottom. Tempted by the look of it, she decided to go for a swim.

Stripping down until she was in her underwear and sports bra, she tread into the water feeling the coldness lap at her feet. Submerging her ankles, knees, waist until her rib cage lay level with the cool water. She pulled her hair out and shook it so it sat on her shoulders. Taking one last breath she closed her eyes and dove into the dark abyss awaiting for her.

Instantly her nerves subsided and her muscles felt looser. Exploring more of the bottom of the lake her lungs ached for air. When the pain became too much, she swam purposefully to the top. Feeling the wind nip at her nose she snuggled back into the water letting her head float above it.

All she could hear was the wind in the trees and the fauna coming to life as the new day rose with the sun. Each individual animal ready to start the day, and an odd buzzing noise...

Her head snapped up, he was standing at the shore looking at her. He could see her in a large pool of water but he didn't know where she was.

She swam up to him ready to hear how she would "join the dark side" blah blah blah.

He didn't speak but watched her as her gentle strokes pushed her towards him.

"where did you learn to swim?" he asked with amusement in his eyes.

"Jakku has big bath tubs" she replies standing up, the water falling to her waist.

He looks at her figure and couldn't help himself but stare. She was wearing a beige bra and her hair was out. He felt his cheeks warm up as he looked away.

"well, I have no idea why we connected now, I have nothing to tell you" he said wanting to get this over with.

He wasn't meeting her eyes and she could feel the blush that warmed his cheeks. She smiled in her mind not at all ashamed of what she was wearing.

But she could sense that he was still panicking. "does Hux still have a plan to overthrow you?" she asked casually sitting back down in the water, hugging her chest.

He hated casual talk yet felt like he couldn't lie to her. "yes" he said looking at her face again.

"good, that means I'm winning" she said smiling slightly. The corners of his mouth turned up and she didn't know Wether to call it a smile or not.

"I have a plan though" he said in defence. She looked at him curiously, eyes ablaze with questions. "really? Like what?" she said with a playful grin.

"that is none of your business" he said sharply, wanting more than ever for this to end. She could feel his impatience and too wished this was over.

"what are you doing and where are you?" he asked out of pure curiosity.

"that is none of your business" she mocked his voice. He rolled his eyes and couldn't help but almost smile at her.
"well if you are no use to me I might as well leave" he said turning his back in her.

"whatever" she stopped for a moment
"ben" she smiled feeling his shock at his own name. Just as he was going to turn back to her she was gone.

You win this time scavenger...

Authors notes:
Just a little bit if Reylo for you guys. Trust me this book will have a lot more Reylo scenes, I just want to stick to the story line and let their love stew for a little bit.
Stay hopeful

~T