chapter 7

He didn't know why, but he was drawn into the dark cave without thinking about it. Where was he?

How did he get here?

his feet moved soundlessly as the cave walls enveloped around him. A small pool of water lay at his feet, but something stopped him from going any further. Was it the force? He looked closer at the water that lay dormant at his feet, when suddenly luminescent swirls appeared at the bottom of the shallow lake. He found that he could now move closer to the edge. Gingerly he placed his hand in the water. That's when he heard her voice.

Help me

He turned around to see nothing. It was definitely her, but he couldn't use their force bond to get to her. The air lay thick and silent until he put his hand into the water once more.

Rey!

His voice called urgently even though it wasn't him... just an echo.

Suddenly images filled his mind. He wasn't quite sure what he was watching, but he couldn't get rid of them. Kylo saw himself alone on an island, he saw her completely broken, he saw them connect through their force bond many times, he saw her eyes before they drifted off into a deep sleep and he saw himself embrace her like they had touched many times...

Her voice rang throughout the cave

Please Ben, I need you...

Rey, hold on

His voice echoed around the cave walls when suddenly his eyes flung back open. He sat up in his bed, eyes wide in shock. His breathing became heavy and uneven as he realized it was only a dream. What had it meant? Does he have undiscovered feelings for the scavenger? Sure, he always thought she was quite beautiful, and her power was beyond his if she had a teacher, but he still didn't know why he got a warm fuzzy feeling in his stomach when he knew that she was safe. He grabbed his quick get away bag and was out of the door before he knew it.

He reached his escape pod just before 3 AM, luckily everyone was asleep in this section. He loaded up the ship and was about to leave when a voice came from behind him.

"what do you think you are doing" Hux stood behind him with a look of fury in his eyes.

"stay away from me" kylo hissed back

"I can't let you leave, especially since you didn't even make it hard" he sneered at kylo.

Kylo focused on all of the energy around him and sent a massive punch at Hux's chest. He went flying and hit the wall behind him, he slid to the ground unconscious. Without any more distractions, Kylo finally started up the ship and said his goodbyes to the first order base.

Happy to be leaving, he entered the coordinates to the only place he knew no one would expect him to be at.

Edroth.

It had been 2 days since Leia died. The resistance gathered in the meeting hall to hold a memorial for the Princess. The last thing she heard about Luke was that he had run away again.

Remembering everything Leia had done for the galaxy made her realise more about what she was fighting for. Rey hid in her apartment for the 2 days that had passed since then, not wanting to eat or sleep even though she did. She remembered the last time she spoke to Ben. He had felt conflicted between choosing a side, and he had chosen a side, but Rey didn't know which.

She felt scared, she trusted Poe, but she knew that he was no Leia when it came to being a general. The party for Poe was still happening, it was going to happen in 3 days instead of a week. Everything seemed to be moving in a blur. So much had changed in 3 days.

She sat on the floor of her living room, knees to her chest when the buzzing noise returned. he hadn't noticed the connection between the two of them until he turned around. She noticed something was different about him, like he was free. He stood there studying her.

"hey" she said with a small shrug

He didn't reply instantly

"I did it" he said with a soft voice

"did what?" she asked with hesitant eyes.

She could feel that he was happy. Happiness never looked so good on him. She smiled to herself.

"I executed my plan, now no one can get hurt" he said crouching down next to her small body.

"you never did tell me what your plan consisted of" she said while staring into his eyes. She could sense he was holding back. 'It's ok, you can tell me' she said to him through their thoughts.

He took a large breath and turned to face her.

"I ran away from the first order, I'm on a different planet where I will never hurt anyone again" he said still looking into her eyes. She looked at him confused.

"why would you do that? You will be killed as soon as they find you plus you will be alone" she said the last part quietly.

"I know that they will kill me but, I'm in a place no one will find me and trust me, I'm never alone" he said looking from his hands to her.

Her face flushed pink and she looked away. He could feel the heat of her blush caress his cheeks and he smiled softly.

"well.... I trust you" she said staring into his eyes

And with that the connection broke. Feeling drained she went to go to bed but realized that she wanted to talk to someone, a close friend of hers.

She rolled out of bed and roamed the hallways. Looking at her feet while she ran, her body slammed into someone else and she looked up in shock. It was exactly who she had been trying to find.

"Oh, I'm so sorry Rey. I was actually coming to find you anyway" Poe said with a silent chuckle. He offered her his hand and she took it while standing back up.

"so, what did you need to see me for?" she said with a smile.

He looked down at his hands, looking a bit embarrassed. "actually, I was hoping if we could go somewhere a bit quieter" she looked at him in surprise.

"yeah of course, do you want to go back to my room?" she offered, not knowing what he wanted.

"sure" he said smiling up at her.

"I also have to talk to you; I was looking for you myself. I need to... tell you something" he looked at her with hopeful eyes and they both walked back to her room, not ready for what both of them had to tell the other

Authors notes:

So imma leave it there. I will update probably tomorrow 💓