chapter 6

She reached the lake in no time, remembering that only 2 hours ago Kylo ren had seen her swimming in a bra and underwear. She blushed at the memory feeling uncomfortable while she looked at the lake.

Quickening her steps she reached the huts in what seemed like 30 minutes instead of its usual hour and a half.

She remembered what Leia said and knew that her 2 days were up. Grabbing her stuff and loading them onto the ship took a lot less time then expected so she went exploring.

Running through fields, feeling the wind on her cheeks and the sense of euphoria. Even in the bliss of the moment she felt lonely. Aching to experience this sort of stuff with someone.

She thought she might be able to love Finn or Poe who were back at the resistance yet they only felt like brothers to her. She had never been in love before, maybe they were supposed to feel like family first, before any feelings of love bloomed.

But when she actually thought about it... Neither one of them would understand her. Being a Jedi, being force sensitive was rare. Neither Poe nor Finn came close to that rank. She sat on top of a hill looking out to the ocean, the sun starting to set.

Did she actually want someone, someone to love her, understand her, make her feel wanted instead of just a peice in the war.

She did.

But she knew no one of the sort, or no one showed her that side of them.

After sitting on the hill basking in darkness as the last reys of light left the sky, she sat up and walked back to her ship.

Without saying goodbye to Luke, she flew out of Ahch-To feeling a bit confused at her last revelation.

She arrived back at the resistance base in the early hours of the morning. Carefully unpacking her stuff, she tiptoed out of the docking bay to go and find her room.

When she arrived at her apartment she only had time to drop her stuff before she felt it. She felt a shift in the force, like someone had left their world...

Suddenly she was running. Making such noise that she didn't care who she woke up. All she knew was that she had to get to her...

She had to get to Leia.

Rey arrived at Leia's door panting and covered in sweat. She could hear voices and quiet sobs coming from the other side of the door. Rey walked in to find Poe, Finn, Rose, Maz and Chewie huddled next to her bed.

Rey knew in an instant that she was gone.

"what happened?" Rey managed to choke out, making all eyes fall to her standing awkwardly in the middle of the doorway.

"Rey... " Poe tried to talk but stopped as a tear fell down his cheek.

"Leia became sick as soon as you left, we tried to reach you but no one knew where you were. I'm so sorry" Finn finally explained.

Rey found herself at the foot of the bed, staring at the body before her. Her hands got clammy and her breaths begin to quicken. She needed to get out of there.

She ran back to her room and collapsed on the floor. Rocking backwards and forwards until she composed herself and stood up no longer crying.

The odd buzzing noise came as soon as she wiped her face. He stood there staring at her without his mask on. She could see the scar she gave him a while back and couldn't help but feel guilty.

"I felt something in the force" Kylo began to explain.
"like someone left... Like someone died" he said looking intently at Rey. His heartbeat slowed when he realised that Rey was OK. That it wasn't her...
He stopped when he saw a tear run down her face.

"I'm so sorry. It was your mother" she said and her voice wavered as the tears started rolling down her cheeks.

He looked shocked at first and then he looked fine. He didn't say anything so Rey peered into his mind. He felt hurt.

"your sad Ben, you miss her" she said as she closed her eyes. Kylo didn't even flinch when he heard his real name. He didn't know what to do.

"no matter what she did to you when you were young, you can't help but feel sad and angry that you aren't here" she said carrying on.

His hands balled up into fists. No matter how much he tried to deny it, he knew she was right. Leia was still his mother. He felt the same ache that he felt when he killed Han, his father.

He looked back to Rey and noticed she was studying him. She looked back up to his face and whispered it.

"please..Ben... For the sake of your mother.. " she held out her hand.

He took a step back.

"I can't do that Rey, you know this" he said with a sad look in his eye. She knew he was right, Kylo Ren was a monster, someone who couldn't be trusted.

"what about Hux?" she said retracting her hand back to her side.

"as I said, I have a plan. I won't be able to hurt any one anymore" he said. She knew then that Kylo Ren had disappeared and for just a moment she sensed him. Han and Leia's son, Ben Solo.

She felt light inside of him and it disappeared as soon as it arrived. She looked down at her hands and noticed them shaking. She looked back up and he was gone.

Slumping back down on the ground, she fell asleep.

Authors notes:
Hey guys
Hope you like the new chapter.
Please comment and vote- give me some ideas haha
~T