chapter 30

He woke up to find the bed next to him empty. He hadn't realised she had left during the night and he also didn't know why she had left. He got up and got dressed before he walked downstairs. She wasn't there. He walked around the entire house before carefully opening up Thomas's door.

She was lying on the bed with Thomas curled up to her, his head against her chest. He could feel that the room was very warm and he also noticed a bucket on the ground. They were both still fast asleep and Ben didn't want to wake them, he left the door open so cool air could fill the room and he went to make breakfast.

They didn't have much first aid supplies so after he had cooked and cleaned he decided to go into town to get some things. He grabbed some paper and a pen and wrote a note. It read:
"I have gone to get some things, I didn't want to wake you up.

Love, Ben"

He placed the note on the kitchen table and walked out of the door. It only took about 5 minutes before he arrived at the village. He was about to enter the chemist when he saw Alice walking up to him. They greeted each other and Alice asked how Thomas was feeling.

"he slept all day and when I woke up this morning he was still asleep but something must've happened during the night because Rey was with him" Alice then explained that Jake had showed symptoms of what Thomas had that morning and that he was also very exhausted. After talking for 5 minutes or so they both went Seperate ways.

He walked into the chemist and found what he was looking for. He paid for a thermometer, pain relief, ice pack and some more bandages before walking back home.

When he walked through the door he could hear that they were both up. She sat on the couch, holding Thomas while they both watched some TV. She looked up behind her and saw him walk through the door. She smiled at him and sat up with Thomas still pressed against her.

"I got some pain relief for Thomas" he said walking towards them. Thomas looked up and Ben almost stopped. He had a very pale face and he seemed to be sweating. Rey looked exhausted and put her head back down on a pillow. Ben went and grabbed a glass of water and gave Thomas a tablet.

It only took about 10 minutes until the tablet started to work. Thomas was finally walking around the house and he eventually went and grabbed a toy and sat down in the living room. Ben walked over to Rey and sat down next to her. She sheepishly placed her head on his shoulders and gave a big yawn.

"are you alright?" he asked her while wrapping his arms around her.

"I'm just tired, I didn't get a very good sleep because Thomas kept on waking up and puking" he stroked her back and she eventually fell asleep. He kept an eye on Thomas for the reminder of the day so Rey could get her rest. By the time she woke up again it was almost 3 in the afternoon.

She sat up and found Ben and Thomas in Thomas's room playing with some toys. She stopped in the doorway.

"what happened to Thomas's cast?" she said while looking at the lump of plaster on the ground.

"I took it off and force healed his elbow" Ben said while pretending to fly a plane around the room.

She looked down at the mess and started to clean it up. At least Thomas looked happy that it was off.

Ben and Rey had both agreed to take him to the doctor the next morning.
~
~
~
When the next morning rolled around, Ben found Rey with Thomas yet again and he couldn't help but feel a bit guilty. She looked so tired and drained but he knew she would always be there for Thomas, no matter what.

He told Rey to stay and get some rest while he took Thomas to the doctor. She begrudgingly agreed and walked upstairs and he locked the door as soon as he heard the bedroom door shut.

The doctors didn't take too long because apparently whatever Thomas had, was going around. He was told to get some medicine from the chemist with the prescription he received and carried Thomas all the way back home.

Thomas was practically asleep by the time they arrived back home so Ben went and put him straight to bed. After he tucked him in, Ben walked up the stairs to the bedroom. He pushed open the door and she was there fast asleep in bed. He smiled at her and was glad that she hadn't refused to stay home.

It was around midday at this point in time and Ben layed down next to her and decided to close his eyes. Before he could get some sleep he felt a pair of arms wrap around him. He looked down to see Rey cuddled up next to him.

"what did the doctor say?" she said with a sleepy voice.

"it's just a virus, it will last 2-3 weeks and he shouldn't go to school in that time, I have his medication and you don't have to worry anymore" he gave her a kiss on the forehead before she nodded back to sleep.

Short filler chapter but I love it ❤
You can follow my instagram if you want @trinisfilms.ae 💓