chapter 11

Rey awoke to the feeling of someone pressed up to her chest. She opened her eyes and saw Thomas still fast asleep. She smiled to herself. He was absolutely adorable. She knew she could never be his parent but she felt him thinking of Rey as a parental figure. Just like she did with Han and Luke.

She quietly got up when she heard a tap at the door. Not wanting to wake Thomas up she tip toed to the front door and opened it. There was 2 packages sitting on the floor with a note on each.

The first box read "Rey's outfit for the new general party" and the other read "Thomas's outfit for the new general party" Rey had completely forgotten about the party that was being held tonight. She was also surprised that Thomas was going and that they knew that he was here with Rey.

Picking up the two boxes she shuffled back into the room and placed them onto the table. Just as she was about to open up her box she heard a shuffle.

It was Thomas coming out of Rey's bedroom. He quickly climbed up into a chair and smiled at Rey.

"good morning little one" she said rustling his brown hair.

"how is your elbow feeling?" she asked as he gave a silent laugh.

"it's alright. It kinda hurts" he holds up his cast to show Rey- what exactly she wasn't sure.

"let's get you some painkillers and then we can go have breakfast" she said stepping away from the boxes.

After Thomas took some painkillers they got ready to go have breakfast. As Rey locked up the door she could feel Thomas becoming worried.

"what are you nervous about?" Rey asked him

He turned to show his adorable eyes.
"I don't want to see Summer and oscar" he said letting his head hang down.

"don't worry about them Thomas. Cmon let's go have breakfast" she turned back around to face the hall.
She felt Thomas take her hand and she smiled silently to her self.

As they arrived into the hall she could feel eyes staring not at her but at Thomas.
She lead Thomas over to the buffet and started serving him and herself a plate each. After that they headed over to sit down. Sitting near the back of the room where no eyes could really fall into them.

"Thomas, there is going to be a party tonight for the whole resistance, would you like to come?" she asked him.

With his mouth full of bacon he nodded very enthusiastically. She smiled down at him and she felt the presence of someone else. It was Finn. She hadn't seen him much since Leia but she was glad to see him.

"can I sit here?" he asks looking at Thomas. Thomas let's him and his eyes fall onto Rey's for permission just in case. Rey smiled at him and patted the seat next to her.

"hi, I'm Finn" he said smiling at Thomas. "Hi Finn, I'm Thomas, I'm 6!" Thomas says excitedly. Finn laughs a little and Thomas gets to talking about space ships (Finn encouraging him and nodding along). After a little bit of talking Thomas asks to go to the toilet. Finn points to the corridor to the right and says it is just down there. Thomas runs off leaving Rey and Finn alone.

"so are you like his parent or something?" Finn asks out of curiosity.

"no, he doesn't have any parents and he hurt himself at training. The nursed needed him to be with an adult for the next few days to make sure he was taking his medicine" she said looking back at him.

"oh okay" he said looking back at his plate.

"why?" she said glancing up at her.

"I don't know. Thomas seems to really like you. Like I bet you feel like a mum to him right now" he said smiling at her.

She looked embarrassed and a thought hit her.

"hey is it ok if Thomas gets ready for the party with you and then I meet you both there?" Rey asks with apologetic eyes.

"yeah sure" Finn agrees as soon as Thomas's head comes into view from the corridor.

Rey explains to Thomas that he will be getting ready for the party with Finn and his eyes gleam with happiness.

Rey rushes back to her room to grab Thomas's box. She picked it up and ran back to Finn's room. She knocked and heard a voice. The door opened but she couldn't see anyone until she looked down. Thomas had answered the door. She smiled at him and walked in.

"here is Thomas's stuff. I will see you guys in a few hours" she said walking away from the table.

Thomas runs up to her and hugs her. She hugs him back feeling happiness spread throughout her chest. With that she smiled a big thanks to Finn and walked back to her room.

Authors notes:

This is part one of 3 for the party 💓