𝐢. 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤

CHAPTER ONE.

WELCOME BACK

WELCOME BACK.

IT HAD ONLY BEEN A YEAR SINCE SHE HAD STEPPED FOOT IN THE CAPITOL, and yet everything seemed different. She was never a fan of the way they decorated the place nor the people who lived there but for once, she's happy to be here. Being in the Capitol this time round can only bring good things for her and the memory of her brother. Whilst she is here, she can finally put to rest those thoughts of killing Katniss Everdeen, she can finally make it happen for real.

The teenage girl lays on the bed in her new room, staring up at the roof with an almost peaceful expression. Over the past year, she has never felt this content nor comfortable, its rather ironic considering where she is. The place that has brought all the trauma, is the cause of all her pain.

Emori knows that being here could cause even worse pain, she knows that she could lose more people. Despite the fact she has kept to herself over the past year, she had made friends with a few of the other victors. Mostly the younger ones due to the fact she is only eighteen herself. They were the people she clung to before she got to go home and be with her brother again, but now they will be the only people she can cling to over this time period. Losing them would only cause her to lose herself even further.

——————————

Katniss and Peeta sit in the rather large room in front of the television as Haymitch gets ready to show off the other tributes. They know that they will be in the minority here, most of these people have known each other for years and therefore, they'll be the main targets. All they can hope for is having the same luck that they did the previous time, except only one will come out — they won't make the same mistake again. Both of the District Twelve tributes want it to be the other but nobody will stand around and allow them to be the final two. She won't be lucky enough to have the two of them against one person again, she knows it'll be harder. Snow doesn't want her alive and in turn, that puts Peeta in danger as well.

The monitor switches on and they watch as the pair from District One appear on the screen before them. It's easy to tell that they're somewhat related, both of them have similar features.

"Cashmere and Gloss, brother and sister. District One. They won back to back games. Capitol favourites, lots of sponsors. They'll be lethal," Haymitch explains to his tributes who nod as they watch the siblings hold their hands up in celebration. She cannot help but feel slightly sick at the scene, if they're celebrating going back in the games then they will have no issue killing the others.

The screen switches over and they watch a bald man taking centre stage. A woman's name is called but a small blonde volunteers to take her place — this surprises the two victors from twelve greatly, she is so young. Why would she volunteer to go back in when she could stay home and live a decent life?