𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐮𝐝𝐞

INTERLUDE!

PRESIDENT SNOW KNOWS THAT SOMETHING IS COMING

PRESIDENT SNOW KNOWS THAT SOMETHING IS COMING. The signs of rebellion stick out at him above all else, a girl who managed to turn the odds in her favour and defy the rules of the games. She brought hope to the Districts, specifically those which had almost nothing. Districts like ten, eleven and twelve — the ones where wealth only came around by luck. Katniss Everdeen is an issue, one that he sees as a spark.

He has known since the moment she volunteered that she was different from the rest, he had hoped that the games would be too much and her demise would bring about squashing the rebellion. Hence the use of this year's Quarter Quell, her chances of surviving are much smaller due to the fact she would have to face experienced killers and not just a bunch of teenagers.

As he watches the tributes, the former victors, become visible in the arena, he thinks of the many possibilities that could arise from these Games. The worst possible outcome is Katniss Everdeen coming out as the victor and following that would probably be that of Peeta Mellark. Neither of the previous year's victors would be good candidates, all they will do is fuel the unrest amongst the already antsy Districts they're struggling to control.

"She won't survive it," The newest head Game Maker says to the President as they sit in his office awaiting the start of the Quarter Quell.

"Perhaps but what she has started will still be here even if she is gone. We must crush any hopes of a rebellion," Snow responds to the man with a pointed look.

"And how do you suppose we do such a thing without causing more of a stir?"

Snow watches the screen as the camera pans around the victors. It begins with the Girl On Fire and then moves around to her District Partner before moving on. If they're going to squash rebellion, they'll need a new face — there are so many Capitol darlings in this very arena who he could pick. Finnick Odair is probably one of the strongest candidates to him considering the entire nation loves him already. However, as the camera pans over to a certain blonde girl, a smirk pulls at his lips.

"Emori Hadley," Snow suddenly says which causes Plutarch to look over to him. Plutarch has to stop himself from frowning at the suggestion, he knows that Emori will likely not hesitate to kill Katniss.

"The girl from two?" Plutarch questions but he's already very much acquainted to the idea of her. Haymitch has brought her to his attention many times, somebody who could either help the rebellion along or be the sole cause of its death.

"Yes. Just last night she spoke of avenging the death of her brother in these games. The death of Katniss Everdeen will eliminate the hope of the Districts, therefore helping our cause,"

"So you wish to help her kill Katniss?"

"Subtly, we can not be too obvious with our moves. With the death of Katniss Everdeen comes great victory for the Capitol – a victory that we most certainly need,"

 With the death of Katniss Everdeen comes great victory for the Capitol – a victory that we most certainly need,"

"She's his game plan?" Haymitch asks as he looks at the man who had managed to sneak away.

"Yes, she is his best chance at her dying in that arena. Whilst Katniss has her unknown allies, those same allies may be very hesitant to kill Emori too," Plutarch points out and Haymitch thinks back to his conversation with Finnick.

"I spoke to Reed a few nights ago about the whole idea, said he was in and that he'll try his hardest to keep her from killing Katniss. There's no guarantees but I think she'll be a little less likely to kill Peeta which means we may have some leverage,"

"So this entire rebellion falls on the shoulders of a girl who unknowingly wants to end it and a boy who will try to stop her?"

"It's all we've got. Lets just hope that in the end, she makes the right choice,"

 Lets just hope that in the end, she makes the right choice,"