𝐢𝐱. 𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐠𝐮𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐝

CHAPTER NINE!

UNDISGUISED HATRED

UNDISGUISED HATRED.

KATNISS EVERDEEN CAN PRACTICALLY FEEL the hatred rolling off Emori Hadley in waves. The blonde had yet to even acknowledge any of them since Finnick and Reed decided they'd be joining forces, anger evident all over her face. Instead, she walks ahead of the group with a quiet Peeta Mellark to her left, cutting away at the vines that are in their way. Currently, he's the only one she can stand to look at other than Mags.

Peeta seems content in her company, not minding the way they have some sort of silent agreement to not speak but rather just stay together. He can tell she's angry, he's sure that anybody will be able to see it. All he can wonder about is why Finnick and Reed thought she'd be okay with allying with them and he can understand why she doesn't want to.

As Peeta keeps cutting down the vines, the brunette behind them seems to notice something is off. Neither Peeta or Emori seem to have noticed anything out of the ordinary, continuing forward. It's then she discovers the shimmering that was much like the force field in the training centre.

"Peeta, no!" Katniss suddenly yells but she's too late, the boy strikes the force field with his sword and it sends him flying backwards, straight into the blonde girl who had only been a few steps behind him. The two of them tumble to the ground.

"Get off me, Mellark," the girl groans but when he doesn't move, she grabs his wrist — there's no pulse.

"H-he's not breathing," Emori struggles due to the weight of the boy on top of her. Finnick grabs Peeta and drags him off, staring chest compressions almost instantly whilst Katniss freaks out.

Reed crouches down beside a winded Emori and asks if she's ok which she shrugs off. She's still mad at him, furious even. The boy helps her to her feet as they watch Finnick try to bring the boy back.

"Come on Peeta," Finnick hisses as he continues compressions. Emori has to raise her eyebrows slightly, why would Finnick be so desperate to bring the boy back to life when in the end, it would mean there's one less person for him to kill?

"Peeta!" Katniss exclaims as the sandy blonde's eyes open and he looks up at the young woman who's still crying.

"Be careful, there's a force field up there," Peeta croaks and even Emori manages a small smile at his witty comment. However it fades into a look of disgust when the two kiss.

"Ok, calm it down. Can we move on now?" Emori deadpans and Reed nudges her a little with his elbow. The blonde rolls her eyes and holds her hand out to the fallen boy who grasps both her's and Katniss'. The two pull him to their feet.

"See, look at that. You guys make a great team," Finnick tries to encourage and Emori just snarls at him.

"Screw off, O'dair,"