Chapter-12

Swara's POV-

" Aditya...one time offer. Take it or leave it." I said as he walked towards the couch to sleep.

" What?" He asked, confused.

" Take the bed and I'll take the couch. You will be uncomfortable on it because you are so tall. I, on the other hand can sleep there comfortably." I said.

" No Swara...I'll be okay on the couch. You take the bed. Goodnight." He did not listen to me.

" Listen...think about it logically. You will end up spraining your neck or shoulder." I tried knocking some sense into him.

" Swara...I will be fine. You don't have to worry about me." He said.

" Who said that I'm worried out you? I just don't want you to get hurt. You know, humanity?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

" Sure." He said chuckling but nonetheless slept on the couch.

I just rolled my eyes and let sleep engulf me.

///

The next day, I was very nervous as it was my first day to college. In this nervousness, I woke up at six in the morning and was pacing in the hall here and there till mom walked out of the room.

" Beta, you up so early in the morning? Are you feeling well?" She asked.

" Yes mom...of course. Just couldn't sleep more." I replied.

" Nervous for college?" She asked.

I nodded, sheepishly.

" Don't worry beta. It will all be good. Moreover, your friends are also in the same college right?" She asked.

" Yes mom. Luckily the three of us have the same course subjects." I said, really thankful to my stars for sending Aryan and Tanya in my life.

" That's really good then. I know you will have a great day. Relax and go to bed for some more time. I'll ask Aditya to wake you up when it's time." She said.

" No mom...there is no way that I'll be able to sleep right now." I told her honestly.

" Fine then...come with me to the kitchen and I'll teach you how to make pancakes." She said.

This grabbed my interest!

" I love pancakes!" I exclaimed.

" Wonderful! So does Aditya. Now follow me and I'll teach you." She said.

I hugged her.

" Thank you so much mom!" I said, very happy.

" Your welcome beta." She said and we walked in the kitchen.

I realized over the course of time that making pancakes is an art not everyone could master but mom had!

" Good morning mom, Swara." I heard Aditya say who was all dressed up for work. Dad was already eating.

" Good morning beta." Mom replied.

" I smell pancakes." He said.

" And here they are....pancakes with maple syrup." She extended the plate to him and he took it.

" Now Swara....go and get ready and then come down for breakfast or you'll be late." mom said and I nodded, running upstairs.

" Careful." I heard dad address.

I took a quick bath and then wore my white tank top, pairing it with my favourite red jacket and ripped jeans. Applying a little gloss and kohl, I was good to go.